Happy Birthday Marines

Mojoe

Today, November 10th, is the 236th Birthday of the United States Marine Corp.

The United States Marine Corps traces its institutional roots to the Continental Marines of the American Revolutionary War, formed by Captain Samuel Nicholas by a resolution of the Second Continental Congress on 10 November 1775, to raise 2 battalions of Marines.The Marines' most famous action of this period occurred during the First Barbary War (1801–1805) against the Barbary pirates, when William Eaton and First Lieutenant Presley O'Bannon led eight Marines and 500 mercenaries in an effort to capture Tripoli. Though they only reached Derna, the action at Tripoli has been immortalized in the Marines' hymn and the Mameluke Sword carried by Marine officers.

There's is something about being a Marine that few get to experiance. Most make it a positive experiance of their life and you see it in them when you meet them. It's an out look on things not shared by many, but hard to argue when it comes down to it.

Semper Fi brother's and sisters. May we live as long as we want and want as long as we live.

Not shit, as I just typed the last word above, we had 4 controled detonations that rocked the hell out of the base. As if to salute what I just wrote. haha. We do love to blow shit up. Enjoy your day Gents.

I noticed they appropriately replayed The Pacific series last night on HBO. Happy Birthday Devil Dogs.

One of my favorite series. I love that they show the NCO side of things and the responsabilty put on them to ensure the Marines are trained and push hard no matter how hard the fight is. Chesty Puller was an awesome leader for being an officer and how he talked to his NCO's.

Not shit, as I just typed the last word above, we had 4 controled detonations that rocked the hell out of the base. As if to salute what I just wrote. haha. We do love to blow shit up. Enjoy your day Gents.

It would appear the controlled det was pretty big. Big enough to break the water main and flood the damn base with 3 feet of water. So from my post yesterday until about 4 hours ago, I have been doing Vehicle recovery. It was actually pretty fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Birthday, Marines!

Both my wife and I returned from Afghanistan at the beginning of October. We just had our Birthday Ball last night.

Here are a few cell phone pics:

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o425/leerbowden/Random/375536_10150401883269717_590084716_8191142_802761681_n.jpg

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o425/leerbowden/Random/302338_10150401889359717_590084716_8191154_1652799720_n.jpg

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o425/leerbowden/Random/388438_10150401891894717_590084716_8191158_924654911_n.jpg

For those of you still down range... stay safe!