Something is wrong here.

Cordell

It's a lame ass response to a lame ass complaint. Make the money. I write service, and yet I still make the money I need. You do what you have to to make the money. If that shop doesnt make it for you, go somewhere else. A majority of my techs make at least 40 hours a week. The ones that want more make more. /thread

P.S. Sorry about your wifes situation.

I'll still get my 40 this week, I had 30 yesterday, again you missed the point. How fucked up the difference between being a hard working salaried employee versus being a hard working flat rate employee. Besides this was just a rant thread, and I wouldn't be happy until I'm over 50 hours because most weeks I get close to 60. I spent most of today standing around so i bitched about it, fuck off.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott, have you ever thought about taking on any side work from your home garage?

I don't do side work for a number of reasons, but mostly because I don't like working. I work when its time to work, and I enjoy my free time.

Scott's being modest here. He's helped quite a number of us on car repairs in his spare time and never wants a penny for it. It says something that there is someone who works on cars all day and then doesn't hesitate to spend his evening/weekend working on somebody else's car (usually under crummy conditions and with inadequate tools) because they can't do it themselves, can't afford to take it to a shop, or just plain want Scott doing the work.

There aren't many people willing to do that. CR's got more than our fair share and I'm thankful for that.

Thanks, Scott! :thumbup:

Scott's being modest here. He's helped quite a number of us on car repairs in his spare time and never wants a penny for it. It says something that there is someone who works on cars all day and then doesn't hesitate to spend his evening/weekend working on somebody else's car (usually under crummy conditions and with inadequate tools) because they can't do it themselves, can't afford to take it to a shop, or just plain want Scott doing the work.

There aren't many people willing to do that. CR's got more than our fair share and I'm thankful for that.

+1 Scott is a good dude.

Very kind of you to say, but helping out a few friends once in a while isn't really side work. I turn down much more then I do. Maybe if I had a decent garage at home I'm do a little more, but I don't so I don't.

Life isn't fair!!

You didn't complain on your 30 hours yesterday. Just thankful that you and your wife both have jobs.

Why so serious? Didn't you see my post saying how I was standing around so I felt like bitching? I come to work motivated and don't like standing around.

My writer is here today so i have stuff to do, thus I'm in a much better mood today.

Why so serious? Didn't you see my post saying how I was standing around so I felt like bitching? I come to work motivated and don't like standing around.

My writer is here today so i have stuff to do, thus I'm in a much better mood today.

That drive is retarded. Plain and simple. No writer, no work? Seriously?

That drive is retarded. Plain and simple. No writer, no work? Seriously?

I agree, we have 3 writers, writing for 3 teams. The other 2 are supposed to take the other techs into account when one of the writers isn't here, but that never happens, especially when its my writer because he only has 2 guys and the other one is our transmission guy.

However when he's here I can't keep up with him most of the time so I almost always have work.

I find it so annoying that my wife is salaried, and is always slammed busy with work to do. I'm a flat rate paid technician, and I can't count on work from one day to another. Today is typical, the service advisor who writes all my work isn't here so I'm getting fucked, while my wife is at work getting stuck with more work because someone else quit.

I'm so tired of double standards, and the pussy fuck butthurt way things keep going. I wish my wife would get paid for the work she does, we'd never have money problems. She's good at what she does, and always ends up fucked because of it. I'm good at what I do and like getting paid the way I do, because when there is work I turn more hours then the rest of the shop and it really shows that I know what I'm doing. Yet here I am not doing much because the butthurt fucks who can't keep up with me don't want to let me do much today since my service writer isn't here.

Godamnbullshitfuck

okay theres my rant, bite me if you don't like it.

Tell her to look into Home Healthcare. While its aggrivating as any job out there, my wife enjoys it. The pay ain't all that bad.

Work at home from 6 pm to 2 am. Play MW3 while on the clock and do some work here and there. Sleep in until noon. Get paid 10% shift differential. Score.:fuckyeah:

ohhhh how i miss third shift @ tw LOL

all tickets done?

load up game .

aslong as the tickets were done they didn't care. Hell they bought us gaming pcs with SLi videocards

I work as a Service Adviser and I love my job.

What I don't like is that I have yet to find a dealership that is willing to pay

for an Exceptional Adviser.

MY CSI Scores average between 90 to 100 each month.

In 2007 and 2009 I sold over $1,000,000.00 in parts and labor, each year.

My best year was $1,037,433.01 in 2009.

I averaged 2.29 tech hours for every customer pay ticket that I wrote.

I wrote up 1,751 c/p tickets in 2009.

My best month was June 2009 when I average $483.95 of customer pay on every ticket for the entire month. For the whole year I averaged $354.73 parts and labor for every c/p ticket that I wrote.

Needless to say I am a gun for hire.

I am NOT cheap

I am working now at a KIA--Mitsubushi Dealership and I sold $16,310.20 in just labor within a two week time frame. That is 227.70 tech hours. I am doing this on a computer format that I have never seen until I took the job 6 weeks ago.

But now I find out that my salary that we agreed on is now only half of what I asked for. Service Manager told me that the salary I was quoted was only good for the first month while I was in training.

I know your pain Scott.

Regards

Chuck

This would make my wife laugh, "bonus whats a bonus" she'd say.

She's a systems analyst for medicare, been in medicare for 13 years, so if anyone knows where this experience would get her paid feel free to let me know.

NCR, National Church Residence(sp?).

They look once in a while. Small shop.

So you got paid more in training? That is some wack ass shit.

No, I had a guarantee for one month.

Now I get half of that plus I get commission.

But I will still be $17,000.00 less there per year than I made in 2009.

Chuck

I work as a Service Adviser and I love my job.

What I don't like is that I have yet to find a dealership that is willing to pay

for an Exceptional Adviser.

MY CSI Scores average between 90 to 100 each month.

In 2007 and 2009 I sold over $1,000,000.00 in parts and labor, each year.

My best year was $1,037,433.01 in 2009.

I averaged 2.29 tech hours for every customer pay ticket that I wrote.

I wrote up 1,751 c/p tickets in 2009.

My best month was June 2009 when I average $483.95 of customer pay on every ticket for the entire month. For the whole year I averaged $354.73 parts and labor for every c/p ticket that I wrote.

Needless to say I am a gun for hire.

I am NOT cheap

I am working now at a KIA--Mitsubushi Dealership and I sold $16,310.20 in just labor within a two week time frame. That is 227.70 tech hours. I am doing this on a computer format that I have never seen until I took the job 6 weeks ago.

But now I find out that my salary that we agreed on is now only half of what I asked for. Service Manager told me that the salary I was quoted was only good for the first month while I was in training.

I know your pain Scott.

Regards

Chuck

Dealerships dont want to pay shit for the mechanics or the service writers..

So anywhere you go, the service writer either blows, which most of mine do... Or if your a good service writer and bring in the work, the mechanics bitch and complain about being too busy...

This week I started my new job at germain.. And its set up with 6 service writers, and one guy in the shop that is the dispatcher. It works well.. Service writers call in sick, or dont show up.. and you still get work..

The one thing I hate is all service writers do shit their own way. And when you switch it up, they get shitty if you dont have your paper work the right way.