garage floor refurbish

AJ

For those that dont know, the product that Aj's company applies is different than an epoxy. As he stated his is a polyaspartic coating. While it shares a similar chemistry as epoxy it offers alot more benefits. 1. is its dry time, it dries much much faster than epoxy can. 2. Its about 50% more flexible than epoxy. 3. It has alot better adhesion. 4.Polyurea has many more color options and finishes.

His company has the ability to offer the techniques needed to properly apply the product. Most "do-it-yourselfers" dont have access to the grinding capabilities either an epoxy or polyurea require to properly apply. Most people think they can powerwash or even acid wash a floor and be good to go. While this may last anywhere from a month to a few years, grinding a surface creates the bonding surface each product requires to make a lifelong durable surface that can stand to years of abuse. For anyone who is thinking about using his products and feels the price is high compared to something you could get for $50 in a box at home depot, keep in mind its a far better product and he performs the techniques to guarantee it looks good and will last. Its one of those things where you think how much do I want to spend over and over doing it or just pay to do it right and last the first time.

been doing a little reading up have you? lol

there is a member on here that we did that has a custom color floor. its pretty bright, i liked it.

You know I have been a painter for nearly 20 years. I have epoxied 1000's of square feet, and cutting concrete(we also grinded) I have grinded 1000's of sq ft. I was using polyurea coatings back before it became the "hybrid" form which allows you to roll it on today. In its true form it drys so fast your only option was to spray it. Although I never applied it as a floor covering I can tell you it makes a great protectant when sprayed on various metal surfaces.

Hell, I wish I had known about this before I started mine. I researched for frickin forever online about epoxy's and other garage floor coatings. From what I've seen, 90% of it is all in the prep work.

My floor is the original from when house was built in 68, couple cracks in it, nothing major. Started off with a good powerwash, then used a etch cleaner which didn't do much so went and got muric acid and cleaned it with that which seemed to work really well.

http://www.carguygarage.com/300sqepflcok.html is the kit I got, except for 400 sq feet for my garage. I hope it lasts a good while, I wanted a bright blue floor with white and dark blue sprinkles....Guess we find out!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ultimate-Floors-by-Rhino/125469320829329?sk=photos

here are some pictures of some. i don't upload all the floors because many i forget to take pictures of.

The church floor is amazing. Grant it that it may cost more, I am going to have to go with you guys for supplies down the road. The quality if worth it.

gotcha. I am a more DIY type, but anyone who is considering having their floor redone by someone should hit you up.

i get a lot of DIY people call because the DIY stuff doesn't work. Rhino either jut released or is releasing soon a DIY kit but i'm not too sure about it yet.