Cigarette smoking on gov't assistance

zeitgeist57

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Food stamps should be as regulated as WIC. you can buy fresh veggies, milk, cheese, protiens, and bread.

This is bullshit. I know there are exceptions to every rule...but I recently witnessed a women checking out with her groceries divided. The first set of groceries included the milk, bread, etc for which she paid using her WIC card.

The second set included Marlboro Lights, 2 bottles of wine and a 12 pack of Bud Light Bottles.

Ok, not a big deal until I noticed she had pulled her Coach Wallet from her matching Coach bag to get to said cards. She was dressed very well; obvious designer jeans and jacket. I proceeded to check out and walk to my car and saw her getting into her 2009+ Jeep Cherokee with bratty personalized plates. This was at the Kroger in Powell.

I was pissed and this makes me cringe thinking about how flawed our system is. I know numerous hard working young women that do not live so well. :mad:

-Marc

I would've called her out in front of everybody. Srs

This is bullshit. I know there are exceptions to every rule...but I recently witnessed a women checking out with her groceries divided. The first set of groceries included the milk, bread, etc for which she paid using her WIC card.

The second set included Marlboro Lights, 2 bottles of wine and a 12 pack of Bud Light Bottles.

Ok, not a big deal until I noticed she had pulled her Coach Wallet from her matching Coach bag to get to said cards. She was dressed very well; obvious designer jeans and jacket. I proceeded to check out and walk to my car and saw her getting into her 2009+ Jeep Cherokee with bratty personalized plates. This was at the Kroger in Powell.

I was pissed and this makes me cringe thinking about how flawed our system is. I know numerous hard working young women that do not live so well. :mad:

-Marc

-Marc

I woulda told that white honkey cunt whats up. .Gov was probably retarded enough to let her use her EBT card on her vanity tags

STR8BUM

IMOOCH

GOVPAID

GETMUNY

LOWROLN

I didn't pay a dime in federal or state income taxes last year, despite making nearly 6 figures. Seems the government(s) wants to give me free money because I have a mortgage and 4 dependents. Talk about a government handout.

Where's the outrage about all the stupid shit I spend my money on?

i still am blown away buy someone who is delivering dog and cat food to these "people" is bitching about the fact that they buy smokes... i mean really??? irony much? your telling me its ok for tax dollars top go to dog and cat food but they ( the people) cant buy smokes? shit man, dog and cat food is expensive to be honest. oh and dogs and cats are for weak depressed people!!!!!

oh and i have both, and i smoke omg! i have to go slit my wrists now.

Shitbums

I didn't pay a dime in federal or state income taxes last year, despite making nearly 6 figures. Seems the government(s) wants to give me free money because I have a mortgage and 4 dependents. Talk about a government handout.

Where's the outrage about all the stupid shit I spend my money on?

i still am blown away buy someone who is delivering dog and cat food to these "people" is bitching about the fact that they buy smokes... i mean really??? irony much? your telling me its ok for tax dollars top go to dog and cat food but they ( the people) cant buy smokes? shit man, dog and cat food is expensive to be honest. oh and dogs and cats are for weak depressed people!!!!!

oh and i have both, and i smoke omg! i have to go slit my wrists now.

The reason Lifecare Alliance is getting pet food is because these corporations that have damage shipments were throwing them in the dump. No government resources to purchase, only a little bit to maintain the program (within existing public assistance programs like Meals-on-Wheels).

Smoking is the most worthless thing ever. It does nothing for you and shows that you are a weak human.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/11/041116214900.htm

disagrees

But I agree smoking is bad. I've bitched out my sister when she was wanting to bum 20$ and a ride to the tobacco store. (She rolls her own and its way cheaper) but I was not giving her 20 of my hard earned moneys to smoke....

Edited by Thorne

The reason Lifecare Alliance is getting pet food is because these corporations that have damage shipments were throwing them in the dump. No government resources to purchase, only a little bit to maintain the program (within existing public assistance programs like Meals-on-Wheels).

Forget the haters Clay. This is awesome of you and I respect you even more for your efforts. I will be delivering free Thanksgiving meals to the needy Thursday morning and I will feel better the rest of the day.

-Marc

I agree 100%. If you can afford 5.75 a pack, then you dont need assistance.

I have been a smoker for 25 years and have tried to quit for the last 5 years. I have to agree with apache on part of what he said. I have been able to walk away from any other thing with no problem but I was very weak willed when it came to quit smoking. I couldnt make it an entire day. Fortunately I have been pretty succesfull in my latest attemt to quit and have not had a cig for 2 weeks, which is a big deal for me. I think it has to be the most addictive substance out there.