Fatality on 270, bicyclist?!?!

Cordell

This reminds me of the gentleman that was WALKING on 270 by Grove City earlier this year, I saw what was left of him while heading home. More of a mess of blood and mangled limbs than a person. I just assumed it was a unfortunate motorcycle accident. Found out later he was just cruising, on foot... 270. Some acts that people do blow my mind. I don't know what the hell this guy was thinking. A bike? Work or not, you wouldn't find my ass on the freeway.

Drove past it this morning, it was a guy on a bmx style bike. He was still laid out on the berm when I went by. Looked like a chevy 1500 pickup hit him.

They'll do anything to get out of grovetucky. The rider is in a better place now....much better.

Drove past it this morning, it was a guy on a bmx style bike. He was still laid out on the berm when I went by. Looked like a chevy 1500 pickup hit him.

Damn. Still can't understand why someone would be out on the highway, unless he wanted to die.

Why are people so insensitive to death? I'm starting to seriously wonder if younger people (under 40) are that far removed from reality. There was a time when unless you knew the person was worthless you would show common courtesy and respect. Now its a game to see who can make the funniest joke about someone else and their unfortunate accident.... if you even care enough to make a joke. Unless there is a direct connection to you or the group, there seems to be no need, want, or desire to show any remorse. I found myself doing the same thing in this thread before thinking, "what if he had a family". I think the internet and the bad news overload has completely taken away my ability to care. Damn video games and the internet are slowly creating the emotionless zombies that we are all so worried about :nono:

/my2cents

Back to joking and stuff.. my joke wasnt that funny anyway.

Why are people so insensitive to death? I'm starting to seriously wonder if younger people (under 40) are that far removed from reality. There was a time when unless you knew the person was worthless you would show common courtesy and respect. Now its a game to see who can make the funniest joke about someone else and their unfortunate accident.... if you even care enough to make a joke. Unless there is a direct connection to you or the group, there seems to be no need, want, or desire to show any remorse. I found myself doing the same thing in this thread before thinking, "what if he had a family". I think the internet and the bad news overload has completely taken away my ability to care. Damn video games and the internet are slowly creating the emotionless zombies that we are all so worried about :nono:

/my2cents

Remember the thread earlier this year about how people are seemingly bigger pussies each year? This is a perfect example. :gabe:

For real though, who is dumb enough to ride a bicycle on a busy highway? Someone mentioned Darwinism... I agree.

/my2cents

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPJ6yRs1JYY

Remember the thread earlier this year about how people are seemingly bigger pussies each year? This is a perfect example. :gabe:

For real though, who is dumb enough to ride a bicycle on a busy highway? Someone mentioned Darwinism... I agree.

http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-08-15/1250354017060.jpg

This guy was riding on 270

It's not a sight for the weak stomach

I know what you mean. I saw the guy at carriage place shoot himself the other week. (well heard it when walked over to the body a minute later) Then walked up to the body... and took a pic... Definitely not for the weak.

Honestly as gross as it is to say it, I would of liked to see it. Always amazes what people do too... Bicycle on 270... wow.

Why are people so insensitive to death? WAAAAHHHHH I'm starting to seriously wonder if younger people (under 40) are that far removed from reality. There was a time when unless you knew the person was worthless you would show common courtesy and WAAAAHHH, "what if he had a family". I think the internet and the bad news overload has completely taken away my ability to WAAAH. Damn video games and the internet are slowly creating the emotionless zombies that we are all so worried about WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

All you need to do is worry about YOUR family, some friends, and your job/career/business. Don't worry about the rest of the world...it's all just noise unless it affects you personally.

So, unless he was the President of your Grove City BMX Bike Brigade and your best friend, then people gonna joke, haters gonna hate. No one on CR is going to read your post and learn a lesson about civility.

All you need to do is worry about YOUR family, some friends, and your job/career/business. Don't worry about the rest of the world...it's all just noise unless it affects you personally.

So, unless he was the President of your Grove City BMX Bike Brigade and your best friend, then people gonna joke, haters gonna hate. No one on CR is going to read your post and learn a lesson about civility.

TL;DR

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2011/11/01/man-commits-suicide-in-shopping-center-lot.html

A man died yesterday afternoon when he shot himself at the Carriage Place Shopping Center on the Northwest Side.

Columbus police were called to the parking lot outside the Walmart at 2700 Bethel Rd. shortly after 2 p.m., a dispatcher said.

Franklin County Coroner Jan Gorniak said the man stepped out of his car and shot himself. He died at the scene.

The 38-year-old man left a note, authorities said. Gorniak did not release his name last night because his family hadn’t been notified.

Many shoppers at the Walmart came out to find their cars roped off with crime-scene tape and were kept from leaving until police finished their investigation.

If you or someone you know needs emotional help, a variety of resources is available, including the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-8255 and a 24-hour local suicide hot line at 614-221-5445.