Eric Peterson wreck

pdqwagon

Thats the kinda shit that makes you not wanna race.....scary stuff

I just said the same exact thing on my FB to go along with this link. Makes you realize that even in a "controlled" setting, shit goes wrong and it can end badly. Luckily neither drivers in those videos were hurt.

I just said the same exact thing on my FB to go along with this link. Makes you realize that even in a "controlled" setting, shit goes wrong and it can end badly. Luckily neither drivers in those videos were hurt.

Anytime you have to put on a helmet and firesuit to do what you love bad things can happen. Racing is better than 99% of the hobbies out there.

What the heck were they supposed to do?? The car was running at wide open throttle. I am sure they feared for their safety too.

Watched it on my phone so it was hard to tell, but was it off when they went down there?

Yes, the safety of the rescurer is first. But i would have thought they could have done something. If I were in their shoes, I didnt go down there out of concern for my safety and that guy burned badly I would have a rough time with that. At some point there is some inherent risk with the job and that idea starts to go away. The rescurer has to purpousfuly go in harms way sometimes. Thats part of the job.

Good thing the safety crews moved quickly. :dumb:

They actually were there, just can't see them on the backside of the smoke. One of them was hurt when the tire let go on the rear of the car.

The crew from the starting line cleared out because of an issue that happend a few years ago. A top alcohol dragster had a similar wreck, throttle stuck, and the car came back to the starting line killed the driver and her son who was asleep in the tow car at the line.

The track staff was clearning people away from the starting line because they were afraid the car was going to shoot back up that way.

Thats the kinda shit that makes you not wanna race.....scary stuff

That kinda stuf DID make me quit drag racing; emergency responce it utterly pathetic.

I've been on road courses 10 times longer than a drag strip, and emergency responders are on a wreck within seconds of it coming to rest. Why the hell does it take so long to get down a drag strip? Why did the truck come from the big end? Why no trucks coming from the tower? Why can't they pay a few guys to stand around with fire extinguishers every 100 yards?

That kinda stuf DID make me quit drag racing; emergency responce it utterly pathetic.

I've been on road courses 10 times longer than a drag strip, and emergency responders are on a wreck within seconds of it coming to rest. Why the hell does it take so long to get down a drag strip? Why did the truck come from the big end? Why no trucks coming from the tower? Why can't they pay a few guys to stand around with fire extinguishers every 100 yards?

I thought the exact same thing when I first watched it but after watching it again you will notice the Emergency truck literally fly into action before the Car hits the wall for the second time, thats pretty fuckin fast response time. I think Wagner nailed it on why they didn't approach the vehicle sooner.

I thought the exact same thing when I first watched it but after watching it again you will notice the Emergency truck literally fly into action before the Car hits the wall for the second time, thats pretty fuckin fast response time. I think Wagner nailed it on why they didn't approach the vehicle sooner.

Exactly, for the other big wrecks that weekend the crews were there either before the car stoped moving, or right after. There is another video out where you can hear the annoucer telling everybody to leave the starting line area, including all the crew.

When I was in the tower at IFO you should hear the radio traffic for when the fast cars head down the track. They do not even let the cars in the water box before there is conformation that ALL the crews are ready and on standby.

Look at the ohio boys wreck up at MIR, before that car even came to a stop there was a track person there on a 4 wheeler.

I really wish I could find the video of the GTO that went over the wall. There was saftey people on their way before the car was done barrel rolling and the other car was off the track.

You want to see shit track crews go to one of these no et no rules tracks, they are a tragic accident waiting to happen. The only one that is not a death trap is Milan.

I thought the exact same thing when I first watched it but after watching it again you will notice the Emergency truck literally fly into action .....

Yet it still burned for a full minute before they started dowsing it, imagine if the fire was in the cockpit. Not their fault that they were that far away, they were just too damn far away.

Yet it still burned for a full minute before they started dowsing it, imagine if the fire was in the cockpit.

Yea but the engine was still revving like crazy, and they couldn't see shit, they probably thought the car was going to end up ramming them then explode (like the case Wagner mentioned), which would have been 10x worse then what ended up happening. Can't fault them for being cautious due to the fact the engine was still screaming, if the engine was dead, yea, go the fuck in there and put the fire out.

And if I had to guess those guys are probably trained NOT to approach a vehicle that is revving out of control.

Again, not faulting the crew, I'm faulting the people who only hired ONE crew. A fire extinguisher puts out fires.... guess what it does when you shoot it at an engines intake? The camera could clearly see what was going on, so a crew truck launched from the traps would have had a clear view as well. A dude with a fire extinguisher at the half way mark could have neutralized the engine. Moar safety plz.