Okay so who was teaching a new Manual Tranny driver in their STi ?

TTQ B4U

Your si would be a good car to teach someone to drive a manual, an sti is asking for trouble imo.

Why? They are fucking easy to drive. With the 245s that come on mine I can't spin the tires, it falls on it's face, not enough power to over come 4 of those. Not to mention the traction control will not let you do anything anymore either.

Why? They are fucking easy to drive. With the 245s that come on mine I can't spin the tires, it falls on it's face, not enough power to over come 4 of those. Not to mention the traction control will not let you do anything anymore either.

I saw that over and over again that night....rev high, release clutch, bog/TC kicks in, hop, hop, stall. :lolguy:

I think he was more trying to get at the clutch being a little softer as not as nippy in the Si... lot more room for error.

That, and I hate Subarus!

Why? Did subaru take food off your plate? Did a subaru rape you as a child? Are you really citing BRAND loyalty as the excuse? Seriously? Hate?

I'd say the main reason I keep buying a subaru is because when after you and your family are involved in 3 accidents that are not your fault that total vehicles and you and your family walk away from all three without even being cut or spilling a drop of blood. Why should I shop somewhere else? The STI is the most performance oriented choice I got. I bought another. I fully understand the STI is not the fastest thing on the street, but they ain't a bad gig as a daily either. I guess in the end I'm kind of superstitious.....

the Wife and I are looking at other vehicles for her next car, the 05 Wagon is getting kind of old and the miles are piling up. (She drives her car more than I drive mine) She wants a more Luxury type of car but can't figure out if she wants an SUV or Sedan. We are looking at BMW, Lexus, Audi, Hell Hyundai and Buick are possible. Shit is hard and frustrating to shop for a woman though.

However in the end I don't hate another BRAND. That's just fucking childish.

I can engage 1st gear in my STi without touching the accelerator. That's how easy an STi clutch is.

I know none of my more recent LS cars would let you stall in 1st...unless you leave the clutch out and never hit the throttle...guessing these Subies are programmed the same way? I kinda assumed all eletronic throttle manuals in recent times were this way. Like slow speed launch control.

Why? Did subaru take food off your plate? Did a subaru rape you as a child? Are you really citing BRAND loyalty as the excuse? Seriously? Hate?

I'd say the main reason I keep buying a subaru is because when after you and your family are involved in 3 accidents that are not your fault that total vehicles and you and your family walk away from all three without even being cut or spilling a drop of blood. Why should I shop somewhere else? The STI is the most performance oriented choice I got. I bought another. I fully understand the STI is not the fastest thing on the street, but they ain't a bad gig as a daily either. I guess in the end I'm kind of superstitious.....

the Wife and I are looking at other vehicles for her next car, the 05 Wagon is getting kind of old and the miles are piling up. (She drives her car more than I drive mine) She wants a more Luxury type of car but can't figure out if she wants an SUV or Sedan. We are looking at BMW, Lexus, Audi, Hell Hyundai and Buick are possible. Shit is hard and frustrating to shop for a woman though.

However in the end I don't hate another BRAND. That's just fucking childish.

In the end, Ben hates something because everyone else hates it. It is the same way with my RX7. Like most of CR, he hates the rotary because everyone else hates the rotary. I have noticed that people with very little to no experience with a certain application will hate it just because it is trendy. To me, this is simply advertisement for their ignorance.

That being said, Ben is one of my best friends in the world. I know to take anything he says with a grain of salt, and then revert to making Mustang jokes. :gabe:

So the family all piled into the car for some late afternoon fun at Sawmill Park at my kids school, Old Sawmill. While there, I see one of the best sounding late model STi Hatchbacks (Red) with what looked like some Gray OZ Wheels acting like it was staging for a blast in the parking lot. I'm like WTF :confused:

Turns out it was a guy teaching his girlfriend to drive a manual :gabe: She would rev to about 2-3k and Bog-hop-bog-hop that bitch like it was her job :lolguy::lolguy:

Anyone here? Looked like at the very end she was able to get it going a little better but not perfect yet. :p Car sounded great and I'm glad to see it was down to a single exhaust pipe. Even if it was a Canon at an angle.

That would be me haha and yeah I'm sure it was a blast to watch... she was struggling I'd say. She is looking at used cars and is deciding between an older G35 Infiniti and a newer Si. Thanks for the compliments though :)

In the end, Ben hates something because everyone else hates it. It is the same way with my RX7. Like most of CR, he hates the rotary because everyone else hates the rotary. I have noticed that people with very little to no experience with a certain application will hate it just because it is trendy. To me, this is simply advertisement for their ignorance.

That being said, Ben is one of my best friends in the world. I know to take anything he says with a grain of salt, and then revert to making Mustang jokes. :gabe:

Wrong, I have very rational reasons based on experience for my tastes. As for brand loyalty, yes I'm partial to Mitsubishi as they were my first tuner car and a big reason I'm an enthusiast today, Mitsus will always hold a special place in my heart. I have owned 1 oldsmobile, 1 chevy, 3 mitsus(2 lasers and a talon), 1 nissan, 2 toyotas, 1 honda, and now a ford. Not much for brand loyalty as my tastes are all over the place.

That would be me haha and yeah I'm sure it was a blast to watch... she was struggling I'd say. She is looking at used cars and is deciding between an older G35 Infiniti and a newer Si. Thanks for the compliments though :)

HaHa! CR Comes through. I knew you'd surface. That's was my DD'er Fusion Sport in the lot.

Your car does sound great. In terms of cars, the Si is about the easiest manual to learn in. I bet she'd be fine from the get-go. Never drove a G35 manual so I can't say. I do know that I've driven a stick for years and it took 2-3 weeks to get used to my Mazda Speed. It's easy to drive hard but hard to drive easy.

HaHa! CR Comes through. I knew you'd surface. That's was my DD'er Fusion Sport in the lot.

Your car does sound great. In terms of cars, the Si is about the easiest manual to learn in. I bet she'd be fine from the get-go. Never drove a G35 manual so I can't say. I do know that I've driven a stick for years and it took 2-3 weeks to get used to my Mazda Speed. It's easy to drive hard but hard to drive easy.

Yeah I've been on here for a while and just never post haha. And yeah I remember seeing you there I thought you gave us a weird look when you first got out of your car haha. The G35 is EXTREMELY nice for what they are asking though. And yeah I looked at Speed 3s when I got my car, it was the AWD that made the difference for me, and everyone I know who has driven a Subaru loves it.

Yeah I've been on here for a while and just never post haha. And yeah I remember seeing you there I thought you gave us a weird look when you first got out of your car haha. The G35 is EXTREMELY nice for what they are asking though. And yeah I looked at Speed 3s when I got my car, it was the AWD that made the difference for me, and everyone I know who has driven a Subaru loves it.

Do you happen to have roof racks on your car?

I do not. I've been meaning to post up some pictures but just haven't gotten around to it. And the weather in Cincinnati has been pretty shitty lately so that doesn't help.

good, there was a red hatch with roof rack weaving in/out/racing with a newer mazdaspeed3 in pretty heavy traffic on 315 north yesterday. speed3 barely missed me, other cars.

:mad:

good, there was a red hatch with roof rack weaving in/out/racing with a newer mazdaspeed3 in pretty heavy traffic on 315 north yesterday. speed3 barely missed me, other cars.

:mad:

Yeah not me haha but I try to avoid those type of people anyways. Don't want to be around when they inevitably cause an accident.