Okay so who was teaching a new Manual Tranny driver in their STi ?

TTQ B4U

So the family all piled into the car for some late afternoon fun at Sawmill Park at my kids school, Old Sawmill. While there, I see one of the best sounding late model STi Hatchbacks (Red) with what looked like some Gray OZ Wheels acting like it was staging for a blast in the parking lot. I'm like WTF :confused:

Turns out it was a guy teaching his girlfriend to drive a manual :gabe: She would rev to about 2-3k and Bog-hop-bog-hop that bitch like it was her job :lolguy::lolguy:

Anyone here? Looked like at the very end she was able to get it going a little better but not perfect yet. :p Car sounded great and I'm glad to see it was down to a single exhaust pipe. Even if it was a Canon at an angle.

I taught my gf (now wife) to be a master user of the stick in about 2minutes and there wasn't a car involved ;)

Being more serious, it took my wife about 5 minutes in an empty lot to learn in my old crx. I got tired of hearing her bitch about not being able to drive a 5 speed, so I took her there, got out and and said have at it. Looking back I wish I had never taught her because I never drive these days lol

I taught my gf (now wife) to be a master user of the stick in about 2minutes and there wasn't a car involved ;)

Being more serious, it took my wife about 5 minutes in an empty lot to learn in my old crx. I got tired of hearing her bitch about not being able to drive a 5 speed, so I took her there, got out and and said have at it. Looking back I wish I had never taught her because I never drive these days lol

Sit in the back seat and make her wear a drivers uniform.

my buddy bought a WRX a year or two ago without knowing how to drive stick. i tought him in my beater car, and it took him an hour just to be "ok". we went to the lower lot at hoover, so plenty of flat ground practice, then i parked it on the hill and he tried for about 30 min to make it up that hill before i said "fuck it" and told him to not go up hills in his car until he could drive around his neighborhood. lol

Same. Especially considering that the STi's transmissions are Porsche designed and very strong.

The International "MaxxForce" engines are Caterpillar designed, still junk though.

Adam, just nothing to like about them except the sound and I'm a diamond star guy, nuff said.

My girl keeps begging me to let her drive the camaro. She swears up and down that she knows how to drive stick but i keep saying "Ill let you drive it once you show me you can drive a stick, and your not showing me on mine" She always bitches and says "How can i show you if you wont let me try". Well, thats not my problem lol.

The International "MaxxForce" engines are Caterpillar designed, still junk though.

Adam, just nothing to like about them except the sound and I'm a diamond star guy, nuff said.

Well you know I'm with you there. I still don't hate the STi. You hate everything I like though so whatever.

Well you know I'm with you there. I still don't hate the STi. You hate everything I like though so whatever.

:gabe: Nothing to do with you, you just happen to pick cars like the dorito thats almost universally hated. I like the Jeep, and you know how I am about the Talon.

Your si would be a good car to teach someone to drive a manual, an sti is asking for trouble imo.