Service Records?

PRD2BDF

I tried to email Saab USA for service history so I could have a record to put in my record book. They emailed me back saying due to privacy laws blah blah blah that they can't blah blah. They said to use CARFAX or something similar or ask the servicing dealer to provide you one.

My question is: this car has not seen any service (done by me except for the recalls) and when it has gone for service, it was at MAG, are they obligated to provide me a service history or?

I'm not sure how it goes, if I can avoid paying 35 bucks for a carfax check, that'll be awesome.

Carfax will give you almost no details IF the dealer even bothered to submit the information anyways. Best records will be where ever it actually was serviced. If you ask for the records they should give them to you free or for a very small charge to cover their paper usage.

The issue is I don't know where it came from. I purchased the car at Jack Maxton but they bought this car at an auction. I thought I found the original dealer but the service booklet is for another car (VIN does not match) So I have no idea if this is the correct dealer.

Mag should give you the service records. Some dealers are better about it than others. Some are just lazy and dont want to take the 5 seconds to do it.

If they say the privacy law thing, give em a sharpie and tell them to go ahead and black out the prev owners name, addy, phone etc.