NFL end zone celebrations?

Sturg1647545502

(mods can i get a poll going)

Stupid, annoying and is the type of attitude that keeps me away from most pro sports(baseball and hockey excluded).

college is about a passion for winning not driven by contract negotiations or personal fame.

whats your stance?

here's what bob costas had to say about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wanT4WGfhYY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I think its all in good fun.. I mean it is just a game of football right? If I just scored on a team that was trying to take my head off and pound me into the ground I would dance and cheer if I scored. Some of the stuff is overboard but like i said its just a game and they get paid millions what do you want to happen? Also, I do think its trashy to celebrate when your team is losing.

Chris Carter put it the best I think. Scoring in a game is rare, so when it happens you have some emotion there, it's part of the game. It doesn't bother me. Those guys are having fun, why do you need to hate on their fun?

If you have watched "A football Life" the Belichick episode, he lectures his players about NOT celebrating in a game because when you do it has a psychological effect on the other team. He shows it in the film room with the team. I feel Belicheck is a pretty good coach.

More annoying is the over-the-top celebrating that happens after EVERY FREAKING play in the NFL. Oh tackle a guy? Jump out of the pile flexing, high-fiving, and on and on.

Get over yourselves. You are being paid millions of dollars to tackle people. Go celebrate after the game.

Even better is when the losing team is going crazy celebrating a sack or something. Great job idiots, you are losing the game. Get focused and get back in the huddle.

college is about a passion for winning not driven by contract negotiations or personal fame.

I doubt there'd be as much passion for winning were it not for the prospect of an NFL/NBA/NHL/etc career.

I think the celebrations are awesome in their excess. Randy Moss mooning the GB crowd many years ago will forever stick in my memory as a hilarious sports moment. If a defense doesn't like end zone celebrations, try the tactic of keeping the offense out of the end zone. If they suck too much to do so, end zone celebrations are the least of their worries.

I doubt there'd be as much passion for winning were it not for the prospect of an NFL/NBA/NHL/etc career.

Ding Ding Ding

Where do these showboating players come from? That's right COLLEGE teams. Wake up, it's the same game, only faster in the NFL. I see college kids celebrate every Saturday, ever go to a highschool game? Hell kids in little league try to have two collored shoes to stand out. It's done at all levels.