So when your car gets worked on...

Cordell

It's rare that you'll get an auto enthusiast that isn't burn out to work on your car.

Like everything else, most people do it because it's a "job". People have lost any and all pride in doing a good job anymore. Everyone believes they deserve more and will do the bare minimum to get bye.

It's refreshing to know that Scotty & Others are around who still take pride in what they do and will care for your car like you would. Kudos.

Thanks, I don't care to work on other people's stuff much outside of work, but I do love what I do and my toys. Anyone who knows me, knows that cars and the activities that go along with them are what I live for.

This thread made me laugh. We had a camry come in that was making "Loud noises" today.

Pulled it in, and checked the oil.. Nothing on the dip stick. Lifted it up, and no oil filter. They just had the oil changed at valvoline.

Valvoline came to my dealership, with oil to put in the car. It made the motor quiet down some, and valvoline gave it back to the customer. LOL.

We advised them that damage has probably been done already, and they should make valvoline write up a R.O. stating what happened

We recently had the same thing happen and I think it was Valvoline, they didn't put any oil in a Cobalt. Customer complaining of noise and running bad.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ask for Charlie Sheen on the lube rack, seriously.

This guy got hired a few months ago, the other guys on the lube rack started calling him Charlie Sheen. Today he came in with a shirt that said "WINNING" across the chest.

Ok, I'm scratching LS7 on the block as we speak so they know what to replace it with.

Wow I'm glad I don't work there anymore. It sounds like that place went to shit. Hell I think I only had 1 car ever come back, and that was even the owners fault. The car needed a new Tpms sensor but he didn't want it. Brought the car back an hour later claiming that I didn't put air in the tire

Wow I'm glad I don't work there anymore. It sounds like that place went to shit. Hell I think I only had 1 car ever come back, and that was even the owners fault. The car needed a new Tpms sensor but he didn't want it. Brought the car back an hour later claiming that I didn't put air in the tire

Hasn't changed much. You weren't perfect either, just never had any oil related problems.

I will only really just give the car to anyone on blind-faith if it is a beater, such as my wife's current car.

I do all my own maintanance (and $$ stuff on the beater) after thoroughly researching and purchasing the best products to get the job done. I also love working on cars, so when oil change time comes around it doesn't feel like a chore to me.

A good part of being a member of a car community (like CR, or other local groups) is the ability to get good recommendations on where to take it for quality work.

It's rare that you'll get an auto enthusiast that isn't burn out to work on your car.

Like everything else, most people do it because it's a "job". People have lost any and all pride in doing a good job anymore. Everyone believes they deserve more and will do the bare minimum to get bye.

It's refreshing to know that Scotty & Others are around who still take pride in what they do and will care for your car like you would. Kudos.

It's tough some days to work on your personal cars. They say that a mechanics car is the worst maintained car on the road. Not saying there is a ton of truth behind it on this board by any means, but it makes you think.