WWCRD?

PRD2BDF

Wife and I drove back from California to here in 3 days. 3-12 hour days to be exact. It was 2250 miles and it was a freakin' blast. Yeah I like to drive too so the wife slept half the way coming back.

Just drive it. Get a hotel two nights. I figured I'd drive around 800 miles a day for 12 hours. Find a hotel near by and I booked it. Worked out pretty good. Within minutes we were at our hotel at 7 pm that night (left at 7 pm in the morning).

Um, the answer to your question would be Hell Yes I have! :) I made my first trip to California out Route 66 in 1963. I remember it as if it were last week.

Wide open roads, mountain vistas, "colorful" locals ....... what's not to like?

You didn't drive just the Interstates when you went out there, did you Jesse?

Adventure's to be had wherever you are, whoever you are:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1067421&postcount=7

Damn you are old! :gabe: I assumed you had, I was talking to Jones.

I've only driven as far as Colorado, and yes, we just drove the interstates. Typically when I go somewhere, I'm going somewhere. I will likely never drive that far for a trip again. I'm also not the type that would pick to go on a cruise, if that tells you anything. There are too many amazing places on my to see list to take the time to see maybe good places on the way there. I only have so much time and so much money. It's a game of economics. Just a different mentality.

I also love driving too, but I get to drive lots to and from work. Then I often get to drive a lot while I am at work. It's enough. Maybe if I get a job in town and start riding my bike in, it will change my ideals a little.

We did drive back roads about half of the time last time we came back from Florida and hit up places on http://www.RoadSideAmerica.com That was a blast. So, no, I'm not saying it's not fun. I'm just saying what makes more sense for me, is more fun, is not taking the time to drive long distances and spending more time at my destination.

I also though it sounded like he was trying to be convinced to not take his car out there but couldn't come up with good reasons why or a good plan. But it seems like he was actually trying to be convinced to drive his car out there. So that's what he should do!

This summer I drove across the country in the 3 , eventually ending up in California. The cost of driving was a bit cheaper than flying. Do the drive. I did ~500-600 miles per day and got to the other end of the country in 5 days. It's cheaper than renting a POS that you will hate, and you will have the luxury of your own car. PS, if you have time, drive down into NorCal, the mountain roads are worth it. ;)

100% agree.

Hell, I drove to Alabama for car mods..

I LOVE to drive, especially long distances, it's FUN!

Reminds me of when I left Columbus at 1am and headed to Baltimore, Maryland to pick up some second hand Coilovers for an absolute steal. The guy was old and did not want to deal with shipping and as he had already gotten rid of his car, just wanted the leftover parts gone. Left at 1am, got sidetracked by the mountains in Pennsylvania, got there at 11am or so, and headed back. 20 hours of nonstop driving.