Jetta GLI Autobahn

PRD2BDF

I know just messing with you. When is your b6 2.7t going to be done so I can whip on it?
When my wife stops adding to my list for the house. I keep waiting on someone to ship me back my 1.8T harness and then I can wirer things up. I should have all the main things ready. Only thing is the front snub mount and adding an B6 S4 dual exhaust and mating it up with say an x-pipe. I have everything else I think. I really wanted to get some extra funds and put some K04's or FT's on it before droping in the engine.

When my wife stops adding to my list for the house. I keep waiting on someone to ship me back my 1.8T harness and then I can wirer things up. I should have all the main things ready. Only thing is the front snub mount and adding an B6 S4 dual exhaust and mating it up with say an x-pipe. I have everything else I think. I really wanted to get some extra funds and put some K04's or FT's on it before droping in the engine.

Understood. If you need any help, just ask. I saw a b6 ultrasport last night and I have to say, I absolutely love the b6 style. Fantastic. You are fixing their greatest weakness with yours!

Understood. If you need any help, just ask. I saw a b6 ultrasport last night and I have to say, I absolutely love the b6 style. Fantastic. You are fixing their greatest weakness with yours!
Thanks! I think my next days off I'm going to get the rear garage cleaned up and get the trans pulled cause I think droping them in together will be the best. I got the FX400 Clutch that I think will hold the power i'm looking at. I have KickAsses bar for the timing and want to get that done with someone that has done it and redo the oil pan gasket cause that white stuff seemed off when I was looking at it. Better to do that while it is on a stand then in the car.

I think they look great and better than the old models. I don't think they are bad for the price/class they are in and would drive it over a Cruze or 200C anyday (those cars are complete JUNK)...

Actually both the Cruze and the 200C are selling very well. The Cruse gets better mileage than the Jetta, handles pretty well, has the best stereo in class, comes with a lot of features, etc. My only complaint is that the seat bottoms are a little firm. While I'm not totally crazy about the 200C's headlights, I think they did a good job improving a mediocre car (the Sebring) and the "S" model looks better than this Jetta, IMO. It also comes with a 285HP V6 that gets 30 mpg on the freeway (my co-workers wife actually gets 32), and also comes with a decent number of features (bluetooth, MyGig, etc).

I guess the new Jetta's just not my cup of tea.

The problem is that you cant turn off the traction control or ESP. So good luck putting down the stock power, let alone chipped, stg 2, or hell, anything.

It actually has not gotten good reviews. Its slower than the outgoing mkv gli, larger, softer, essentially does nothing better performance wise. It MIGHT be more comfortable, but thats about it.

yeah I read c&d's review today. They didn't care much for it. I didn't realize it got dumbed down from the GTI.

fwiw I think APR said they are working on a fix for the ESP issue. Why would vw do that? stupid.

Actually both the Cruze and the 200C are selling very well. The Cruse gets better mileage than the Jetta, handles pretty well, has the best stereo in class, comes with a lot of features, etc. My only complaint is that the seat bottoms are a little firm. While I'm not totally crazy about the 200C's headlights, I think they did a good job improving a mediocre car (the Sebring) and the "S" model looks better than this Jetta, IMO. It also comes with a 285HP V6 that gets 30 mpg on the freeway (my co-workers wife actually gets 32), and also comes with a decent number of features (bluetooth, MyGig, etc).

I guess the new Jetta's just not my cup of tea.

I'm not surprised they are selling well because they are cheap cars that typically are bought by people that can't afford more. But they are still JUNK cars plain and simple....

I'm not a Jetta person either but of those three choices, I'd buy two or three Jetta's before even thinking about a Cruze or 200C...

I bought the TDI version of the new Jetta. It took a LOT for me to buy a "regular" car with no fancy looks or features. After having it for 2 months I REALLY regret not buying one a long time ago. I have no experience with the GLI however, but they look about the same as the TDI :)