Jetta GLI Autobahn

PRD2BDF

The only difference between this jetta and my SEL is the red stitching and the wheels. I wish there was a stronger aftermarket support for this model as well. It would look pretty sweet with a larger rear spoiler.

You forgot about the 2.0t under the hood.

The only difference between this jetta and my SEL is the red stitching and the wheels. I wish there was a stronger aftermarket support for this model as well. It would look pretty sweet with a larger rear spoiler.

Actually, almost everything is different.

It just got a pretty mediocre review from one of the popular magazines. Essentially they say it is the nicest jetta available, but no longer a GTI with a trunk, which is what they always had been before the MKVI.

Cliffs, get a 4dr GTI.

Meh. The 04 GLI looked a million times cooler

this. Best year for GLI's. newer ones look like shit from 05n up.

i was a big fan of i in blue

I do agree, that the 04.5 and 05 MKIV GLIs looked fantastic, I would take a MKV any day of the week over one. Better car in every aspect, sans looks, and that is up to each person.

Personally, I think the power output is weak, and the styling is boring. Nearly every review I've seen comments on how cheap feeling the car is, and now Consumer Reports has alleged that some of the cars sent to them may have been "fluffed."

Honestly, at this price I would rather drive a Cruze or a 200C (yes, I said it).

I like it.

And I had a platinum gray 04 GLI. Im sure this MKVI is better in every way, except for some peoples styling taste.

Im thinking this car with APR 3+ would suprise...about everyone. (425whp on pump gas)

Even with just a flash would make this a more than capable/fun inexpensive sedan.

I like it.

And I had a platinum gray 04 GLI. Im sure this MKVI is better in every way, except for some peoples styling taste.

Im thinking this car with APR 3+ would suprise...about everyone. (425whp on pump gas)

Even with just a flash would make this a more than capable/fun inexpensive sedan.

The problem is that you cant turn off the traction control or ESP. So good luck putting down the stock power, let alone chipped, stg 2, or hell, anything.

It actually has not gotten good reviews. Its slower than the outgoing mkv gli, larger, softer, essentially does nothing better performance wise. It MIGHT be more comfortable, but thats about it.

I wished they would of done more with them also. My wife picked up an 04 PG GLI 1.8T 6-Speed and pay more for it at the time then the newer MKV's and has been a great car. It is about to roll over 100,000K with only a timing belt and a J-pipe since we bought it.

I wished they would of done more with them also. My wife picked up an 04 PG GLI 1.8T 6-Speed and pay more for it at the time then the newer MKV's and has been a great car. It is about to roll over 100,000K with only a timing belt and a J-pipe since we bought it.

I had this exact car, color included. Loved it until I sold it for the GTO I got now.