couple quick runs in canada

kirks5oh

finally got my 2004 cobra back home. hopefully, all the tranny issues have been sorted out. as it sits, the car is a 2.3 whippled cobra, with a built auto, solid rear, and supporting mods. got a chance to head to canada (of all places), for a few quick runs before the snow sets in

all kinds of wheel spin

before the auto 590rwhp/575rwtq. couldn't get the converter to cooperate on the dyno to get accurate numbers with the auto, but the setup is exactly the same. its a 17lb pulley, that usually gets about 18 to 18.5psi, especially in the cold up here

the car has stock exhaust manifolds, bassani catted midpipe, and SLP power-flo catback (not the loudmouth system).

got to get the launch down, and some more seat time. but i'm shooting for 10's. the car ran 11.4 at 129mph with full weight, IRS, and the 6 speed--this was the second, and last time at the track in florida for the NMRA shootout. not impressive at all, but i'm no expert at drag racing and will be the first to admit it.

first time at the strip in columbus, with the whipple, i couldn't even get the car into the 11's. i had sold my ported blower to silveraudimike on here, and he smoked me all day long. just need to find time to practice

The trans is a built 4r70w, made by tci. They call it their 'streetfighter'. Should be called 'piece of shit'. I've had the tranny out of the car 6 times for various reasons from the front pump grenading, to the convertor, to the transmission itself burning up. I've finally got things sorted out hopefully. I would never ever do business with tci again. Their customer service was atrocious. In the end, it took a letter from a lawyer to get them to finally honor the warranty.

The car has a mach1 computer, so that the transmission can shift on its own, or manually with the ratchet shifter

I plan on running a 15" wheel with probably some et streets