School me on the new GTR's

DaddyBuiltRacing

So a 18 year old kid here locally just picked one of these up and suddenly anyone that has a semi fast car is on his to race list (at the track). I am just wanting and needing to know what a 09 GTR will most likely run at trails. I know its a hard question to answer due to all the variables, but I have heard conflicting stories about these cars. I have heard they run mid 12s, I've heard low 11s out of the box. I have also read that they have a stock speed limited of 112mph?!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha thats what I am thinking. He wanted to race me this past summer at the track with his 370z that "ran 9s" lol. That race never happened as he backed out, due to feeling the race wasn't fair and he needed to do stuff to his car. So then I have my clutch go out and park the car for the year, he buys a GTR and suddenly the call outs begin lol.

if he can buy a gtr at 18 he can mod it at 19 and bust your ass. you teg stands berry wittle chance. if you do bet, id say take that kid from a roll, steal the brake, hit the flashers. take his monies, call it a day.

I thought that the nature of those cars being hand built were not very consistant from car to car, unless I'm thinking of something else. I also thought those were the cars that based on the GPS would remove the speed limiter if it were at a track. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not positive on these two bits of info.

I thought that the nature of those cars being hand built were not very consistant from car to car, unless I'm thinking of something else. I also thought those were the cars that based on the GPS would remove the speed limiter if it were at a track. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not positive on these two bits of info.

You are correct.

GPS senses when you are at a race track (at least in Japan)

Some motors have more hp than others however I would assume it is neglagable also there are years where using the launch control is a no no and there are years that the launch control was not available due to having a transmission made of glass. the launch control is now back.

Just tell him you want the best of 10 races. Then when his shit is broken and he's crying about his 3 bazillion-dollar fix, you can LOL at him and offer him a ride home. FOR PINKS BRUH! But if you win, you take the money... AND the respect.

Just tell him you want the best of 10 races. Then when his shit is broken and he's crying about his 3 bazillion-dollar fix, you can LOL at him and offer him a ride home. FOR PINKS BRUH! But if you win, you take the money... AND the respect.

this, my guess is he'll break the $28k transmission before the spring.