Really Rick Perry?

CRed05

If that's his point, then cool I guess. He doesn't know how to communicate clearly from what I've seen in past interviews and debates, so I guess he has a hard time doing it in a rehearsed promo video also.

I don't think it's a matter of him not communicating it well, hell, I got it and haven't been following him that closely until recently. The ad was targeted to run in specific markets to go after a Christian audience base who is looking for such a message.

I saw him on Leno last week or so and he did well. I wasn't a fan and am not ready to say I am yet, but the choices are narrowing and one of these turds is going to have to be nominated :dumb:.

I don't trust Newt one bit. I smell too much of the same old fucking bullshit with him. I like Ron Paul, but my fear is he's too far of a long shot to pull off a nomination. Right now I'm between Rick and Mitt. Hell, do the Dems even have anyone else besides Obama ?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck that, I've always said Merry Christmas vs happy holidays. I've never had anyone in business say anything ever. 9/10 times if they celebrate Hanukkah, you'll either see it around their office or hopefully know them well enough to know. I most always know what their faith is and if it's nothing or I don't know, then it's Merry Christmas until someone alerts me otherwise. Hell, have a sense of confidence and pride in whatever faith you have. If people don't respect that then fuck them until they grow a pair of their own. Stand for something people...

You poor oppressed majority. It must be rough for you having your holiday dominate popular culture for only 2 months out of the year.

Nobody's stopping kids from praying in school or celebrating Christmas. Period. Comparing a lack of mandated prayer time in schools with the gays getting dishonorably discharged and stripped of their earned retirement benefits is fucking asinine. Gay people fought a long battle to overturn DADT. Kids can still pray in school. Perry's point is retarded.

• Downvote 1

78% of Americans identify as Christian, please shut the fuck up about being persecuted now. Also if someone is offended because someone else wished them a merry Christmas they deserve to die. People key in on the stupidest things. It's not that someone is wishing you a merry Christmas, it's that they are wishing something merry for you.

78% of Americans identify as Christian, please shut the fuck up about being persecuted now. Also if someone is offended because someone else wished them a merry Christmas they deserve to die.

Agreed. However, hardly anyone is actually offended by "merry Christmas." Rather, someone inevitably points out that shoving Christmas down the throats of 22% of America is pretty obnoxious, and in many cases bad for business, so someone invented "happy holidays" to try and grease the gullet, so to speak. But it's stupid, because the notion that every religion has a major holiday in December is flat out false. Anyone who says "happy holidays" in November or December is effectively saying "happy Christmas," so they're still shoving this shit down the throats of 22% of America.

I'm OK with that, I really am. Minorities don't get to dictate popular culture, ever, on anything. But when the 78% then claims that they're being persecuted, as you say, it makes me stabby.

This thread is full of people who seriously need to cry more. Why do almost 99% of Americans have to imply and make up stories about what you think someone means? Waste of fucking energy. If someone says Happy X just say thanks and go about your fucking day no harm no foul. There are worse things in the world to worry about now.

This thread is full of people who seriously need to cry more. Why do almost 99% of Americans have to imply and make up stories about what you think someone means? Waste of fucking energy. If someone says Happy X just say thanks and go about your fucking day no harm no foul. There are worse things in the world to worry about now.

Yeah, you go get that strawman! Kill him!

Nobody's stopping kids from praying in school or celebrating Christmas. Period. Comparing a lack of mandated prayer time in schools with the gays getting dishonorably discharged and stripped of their earned retirement benefits is fucking asinine. Gay people fought a long battle to overturn DADT. Kids can still pray in school. Perry's point is retarded.

Oh really, so when my kids in public schools are told by the teachers to say Happy Holidays over Merry Chirstmas, it's just them trying to teach my kids about being Politically Correct for when they are in the business world? Fuck that, just last week I had a conversation with my sons teacher telling her Nicholas will continue to say "Merry Christmas" to others and not some generic fucking Happy Holiday bullshit because Johnny Smith parents don't believe in Christ and are offended. Tell Johnny's parents to STFU and grow a pair and educate their kids on how to respond to someone wishing them well.

So should we also discuss how his school conveniently suggest to kids that the Pledge of Allegiance not include "one nation under God". Bullshit in my book. His teacher actually tried to mark him wrong for writing it out that way. Her teachings needed to be clear if she's talking about the original version or the one this country adopted under congress well before she was born. Needless to say that was corrected and clarified to the kids and Johnny Blah Blah and Ishmahl can say it however they want but don't teach my kids some politically correct watered down version of public school bullshit.

Prayer time? Oh that's for him to do on his own time they say, as in saying grace before lunch. Yeah, let's not teach our kids to take 2 minutes of their school time to actually reflect on something meaningful. You know when I was a kid, we said a prayer before ball games and the pledge of allegiance every morning before classes began.

Sure, let's end DADT I"m fine with that, they put in their time too, but what's next....are we going change Sex Education so that it's teaches our kids that's okay for one man to stick his dick inside another man's ass......"yeah Johnny, it's a natural thing and okay to do." :dumb: Sally, it's okay to lick carpet, gain, completely natural. :fuckyeah: Oh yeah, kids, we changed the sanctity of marriage some time ago too so it's no longer just a male female thing. It's really not about marriage and what it stood for in the eyes of the church because not many religions go for being gay, it's about getting dual health benefits and other financial thing. Again, you'll learn more about this in business class.

are we going to teach our kids that's okay for one man to stick his dick inside another man's ass......"yeah Johnny, it's a natural thing and okay to do." :dumb:

I am.

It's a good thing that your school is trying to teach your kid to respect other people. It's very Christianly of them.

Your kids can still pray in school.

eta: I also said the pledge of allegiance as a kid, and it's because the cold war was going on and the level of nationalism in this country was sickeningly high. It's a fucking flag, making kids submit to it is retarded, and would probably make God angry, if he existed.

I am. It's a good thing that your school is trying to teach your kid to respect other people.

I'm sorry but there's nothing respectful about it. Tolerance of others moral standards or lack of perhaps but not respect.

It's very Christianly of them.
No, if it was anything Christian they would tell them how wrong it is.

I also said the pledge of allegiance as a kid, and it's because the cold war was going on and the level of nationalism in this country was sickeningly high. It's a fucking flag, making kids submit to it is retarded, and would probably make God angry, if he existed.
Your entitled to how you feel about what this nation once stood for. Sadly it has succumb to a lot of crap over the years. We are getting what we deserve I suppose.

Your entitled to how you feel about what this nation once stood for.

What's that, hating Russia? We'll always have Rocky IV.

Quit pretending that America is any less obnoxiously Christian than it was in 1985. You're not being repressed, just shut up about it. And your kid can still pray in school.

You're not being repressed

You're right, the perverted liberal thinkers are just spreading shitty morals more greatly than before and leveraging their rights to do it. Now go teach your kids about balls touching is okay and how any type of faith is meaningless.

You're right, the perverted liberal thinkers are just spreading shitty morals more greatly than before and leveraging their rights to do it. Now go teach your kids about balls touching is okay and how any type of faith is meaningless.

You don't sound like a Christian to me.