530hp GTR vs 550HP SS 2010 Camaro

Linn1647545492

Please expatiate.

Bonus points for using a fancy word. Rarely see that on here.

I simply think the Camaro is more attractive and more authentic than the GTR. A good analogy (at least to me) is that the GTR is Lindsay Lohan in Playboy, it's too fake but the Camaro is the pre-druggie redheaded Lindsay Lohan, real and unique with some beautiful flaws.

Again, your opinion may differ, I simply value authentic cars that demands the driver to actually drive instead of point and step on the gas.

Bonus points for using a fancy word. Rarely see that on here.

I simply think the Camaro is more attractive and more authentic than the GTR. A good analogy (at least to me) is that the GTR is Lindsay Lohan in Playboy, it's too fake but the Camaro is the pre-druggie redheaded Lindsay Lohan, real and unique with some beautiful flaws.

Again, your opinion may differ, I simply value authentic cars that demands the driver to actually drive instead of point and step on the gas.

Thanks for elaborating. I didn't want to come across like I'm flaming you for that opinion - I was genuinely curious why you thought that way. I follow your analogy. One of the main criticisms that I've heard about the GT-R (though it doesn't seem to have a lot) is that it reduces driving to a "video game" experience, wherein the car does all the driving for you and it takes very little skill to make it go fast.

Thanks for elaborating. I didn't want to come across like I'm flaming you for that opinion - I was genuinely curious why you thought that way. I follow your analogy. One of the main criticisms that I've heard about the GT-R (though it doesn't seem to have a lot) is that it reduces driving to a "video game" experience, wherein the car does all the driving for you and it takes very little skill to make it go fast.

Oh no worries, I knew you wasn't flaming me.

I've read that. I wasn't going to bring the cost of each car and the cost to modify them because obviously if you can afford a GTR, you are probably likely able to afford the mods. I do like the GTR but I just don't see myself driving one.

If you don't want to read a long drawn out response, please click Backspace to return to the newest posts.

Another excellent example is the Corvette ZR1, there are cars that feels more secure at the limit and easier to drive at the limit. One example I can think of is the Porsche 911 Turbo (either MT or C/D did a comparo on those two). The Porsche is stupid fast but because it has the technology and AWD (I think) while the Corvette ZR1 has less technology and the ever famous Tupperware interior but when it's out on the racetrack, it demolishes the Porsche and DEMANDS that you drive it like a man while the Porsche is to the point my grandma could drive it. Would I take the Porsche? Absolutely not, I like the Corvette ZR1 because it's simply more authentic and much more fun.

Cliffs:

He said Camaro > GT-R + Audi + Tebow + ZR1 + Jones + Porsche

:gabe:

Perhaps technology has become so "ingrained" into my life to the point where I don't understand the criticism of the GT-R's electronics. I fail to realize how it would lack excitement to pilot said car. It's evolution of the automobile and I embrace it. Watch Jeremy Clarkson's latest video, it can simply do some things that other cars can't, even in the hands of a trained driver.

We aren't talking the old throttle cutting, abs jerking "traction control" of years gone bye. This is technology working in unison with you to accomplish your goal on the track, street, or anywhere.

tl:dr

:gabe:

Perhaps technology has become so "ingrained" into my life to the point where I don't understand the criticism of the GT-R's electronics. I fail to realize how it would lack excitement to pilot said car. It's evolution of the automobile and I embrace it. Watch Jeremy Clarkson's latest video, it can simply do some things that other cars can't, even in the hands of a trained driver.

We aren't talking the old throttle cutting, abs jerking "traction control" of years gone bye. This is technology working in unison with you to accomplish your goal on the track, street, or anywhere.

tl:dr

Because people want more? I do not want some souless shell of a car. I want something that has a real feel to it. A performance car should be like a fine whore, scream when I want it to, like its hair pullled, and take a beating with a smile.

Because people want more? I do not want some souless shell of a car. I want something that has a real feel to it. A performance car should be like a fine whore, scream when I want it to, like its hair pullled, and take a beating with a smile.

GTR = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGf9qtIeyBg ?

As time goes on, and even the most archaic relics start getting more and more computer controlled, what will everyone do ?

Hell new vettes have launch control, multi-stage traction control that has been proven to make the car faster around a track.

Nobody threw up their hands and bitched that it "lost it's soul", because they made it better.

Pro Tip: Soon vettes will have low displacement turbo motors with 2500 computers controlling them, it's the future, get used to it!

As time goes on, and even the most archaic relics start getting more and more computer controlled, what will everyone do ?

Hell new vettes have launch control, multi-stage traction control that has been proven to make the car faster around a track.

Nobody threw up their hands and bitched that it "lost it's soul", because they made it better.

Pro Tip: Soon vettes will have low displacement turbo motors with 2500 computers controlling them, it's the future, get used to it!

Neat, if I am paying that much money it better lick my taint and make coffee while I am clicking off passes.

I will not own a new vette so this really does not apply to me. Now a 60's vette with a nice LSX tucked in is pretty rad.

Problem is, with all the HP increases, a car without advances - like AWD, etc. - starts to border on uncontrollable. That, or you're never able to use all of the HP because you don't want to continually roast the back tires.

Yes, and johnny saturday driver stands a snowballs chance of hell of being able to pilot a 650hp rwd factory car properly around any track. Then he wants to show off, turns off all the nannies and ends up in a pole.

When technology stops just hitting brakes, and rather uses power to work WITH you not against you, it's really not a nanny anymore, it's advancement.

There are certain intangibles that will always make one car appeal to one person vs another. I'm not hating on that fact, but saying a car is "soul-less" because it excels at everything out of the box is an inane statement to make.

As this is america, not russia, we don't all have to drive the government's prescribed car. Everyone gets to buy what they want. Look at the new 911 Turbo S. 10's out of the box on factory tires with the A/C & Heated seats on. Saying a 911 has "no soul" would be a sinister act. But surely, somebody somewhere has got some slicks on, trying to bang out a solid 11 sec pass with his car full of "soul". Just don't get pissed when Mr. soul-less trolls you in his stock car full of computers by just putting his foot down.