Carmax Throwing Darts HA HA

KennyFKINPowerz

So about a month ago I bought an 06 VW Passat from Carmax in Dublin. First I have to say that I absolutely love the car. So after driving it for a while I noticed it had a slight vibration in the steering wheel between 70-80 and that it drifted left a little at highway speed. Not a big deal but since it is covered by Carmax I took it in. So about 2 weeks ago they gave me a loaner and said it needed a new axle. This took a week. So I dirve it for 2 days and they didnt fix shit. I dropped it back off on Tuesday and they call me and tell me there is nothing wrong. So after I flip out on them and tell them to fix my shit and stop hanging parts, she tells me that she stands behind their techs because they are experts and ASE certified. I laughed and said, "Do you know how many ASE certified tech that I know who suck". Anyways they call me back the next day and say the sway bar bushings are bad. I was supposed to pick it up today at 2pm. Well they call me at 1:00 today and say the sway bar bushings did not fix anything either and that they are going to further diagnose it. So at this point they have given me 2 different rentals which both had full tanks of gas and they are on the road to rebuilding my entire front end. Normally I would be pissed but I am just gonna sit back and use their gas while they rebuild my car.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

an 06 is nearly 6 yrs old at this point, what happened to as-is no warranty?

They gurantee everything for 30 days. Everytime my car has had to go back in my 30 days starts over.

Rentals are for:

- bouncing it off rev limiter in neutral and then dropping that bitch into drive

- pulling e-brake at 40 mph and doing cool tricks in parking lots

I am just gonna say that I hope they dont try to resell these rentals. I feel sorry for whoever gets the two that I have had.

I thought they did away with the autozone thing and did everything in house? The morse rd store used to buy a bunch of oem bimmer parts from us when they had a dedicated zone guy working there. As far as I know they've quit doing that and they dont buy shit from us anymore. Just bring their junk into our service dept once they realize they dont have anyone qualified to work on bmw's. regardless its nice they have a warranty but Id be a little skiddish to know some $10/hr kid is trying to fix my car which he has no experience on.

So the part of the day today is cradle bolts. She said they would be in by 3pm tomorrow which is Thursday and that they would "try really hard to get it done by the weekend". I just laughed. They must really think I am stupid. I said it takes 10 fking min to r&r cradle bolts and they would try to have that done by the weekend. I would never in a million years take anything to a Carmax service department unless it was a warranty job. I am about to just tell them to give me my car and they can just pay me to fix the damned thing. What a bunch of fricken retards.

She then goes on to explain to me that sometimes when you order parts they dont give you everything you need and that they have this problem all the time. I said quick hanging parts and fix the damned thing. Do you really expect me to believe that cradle bolts come with sway bar bushings?

Aside from tie rods, the multilink control arms have bushings that go bad. My '00 Passat has over 127k miles and shudders/wanders on the highway.

I say :dumb: and do 85mph anyway. The ride and handling have degraded over the last year to a solid floor that's not getting any worse. New Sunlai tires and control arms in 2012 FTW.

So, they are replacing OEM parts, most of which probably weren't bad with probably inferior aftermarket parts?

Yeah I told her that on the phone today. I said so basically I dont have a VW Passat anymore. I know have a car queat Passat". She still is trying to insist that they are not throwing darts. I said then if thats the case then the damned thing would have been fixed already.

did they even try an alignment?

Yeah they did that after they relaced the axel. But my thinking would be a slight vibration at highway speed only, sounds like the tires need balanced first. They still have not done that even after I have asked them to check that 4 times.