Ok Xbox junkies, I need some assistance

NEORedLS1

Alright, well I got a new flat screen set up in my room and I need to set up my xbox live on a wireless connection rather than run this big, obnoxious blue ethernet cord through my house anymore. Does anyone run off a wireless xbox connection and do you have any issues with lag or anything? Suggestions on which wireless adapter to buy?

Can't go wrong with the official adapter, though I used the netgear one without issue. Your local connection will have basically no effect on your Xbox live connection lagwise, your actual internet connection is much more important, though games use surprisingly little bandwidth. Just verify your NAT is open.

I just picked up a wireless card for my son for the same cord reason($20 from cr member). I had the same concerns but its been a few weeks and he says its fine. He puts in a solid 50+ hrs a week on it.

Holy shit...does he have friends (non virtual)?

take xbox away for a few days a week? even if i didnt work 40hrs/wk, i could not imagine playing that much. thats like getting home from school at 330, playing until 830 nonstop, and 8 hrs/day on the weekends. that kid needs to go get some friends and get out of the house. lol

Just verify your NAT is open.

Very important especially for playing with friends. My buddy had a closed NAT type and could play games with 'normal' lag and such, but playing with a few friends was damn near impossible.

When I was a kid I actually played outside... usually more than 50 hours a week.

I did as well but times are a changin. As long as he maintains straight A's, does chores and doesnt argue about his basketball obligations I am fine with it. It may come back to bite me a few years from now but only time will tell.

Our adapter is also the actual xbox one, not sure if this is why we seem to not have any issues.

Thanks for all the input. Seems like I gotta go grab one of these this weekend. I was mostly worried about the lag and such, but I think I'm gonna pick one up anyhow.

When I had an old style 360, I played through an old D-Link Ethernet to Wireless bridge that was only 802.11b, but you don't need much to play online. Still have that thing, I use it for my web enabled blu-ray player to watch netflix and stuff through. If money is a concern, try to find one of those. A used one could probably be found for dirt cheap.