MRM snowboard/ski gathering Saturday, Jan. 21

Mojoe

Just bumping this to the top. Spent the last few days riding here in Vermont. Not much snow anywhere this year, but there is coverage. I'm still on for this Saturday. Sounds like there will be quite a few people there, so this should be pretty fun.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you wanting to get?

I'll probably get the Line Prophet 90s, but I think I will wait until the summer. I'm going to get new boots too, but no idea on what to get.

I had some line mavericks last, line prophet 90s are on my short list, but I'm probably going to end up with some völkl bridge's. I'm in a solomon boot now, felt wayyy better than any nordica I tried.

I am still in it be the first time out this season fml

Hit me upp if u wanna carpool up there if u go.

Ill hit u up bud for sure.

I had some line mavericks last, line prophet 90s are on my short list, but I'm probably going to end up with some völkl bridge's.

I might have to try and check them out. Although I did also demo the Volkl Kendo's, which are skinnier than both of those, and wasn't super impressed. IMHO I didn't think they turned/initiated as easily as the Prophet 90s despite being built pretty similar, and they are both skinnier than the Bridge's. I did ski the Kendo's in 180 and the Prophet 90's in 172, so it very well may have been that. I think I should be in low 170 length skis. Wish I could have tried the Kendo's in that length.

I'm also not a big fan of aggressively rockered skis in Ohio, seems like too much for our conditions. Volkl says the Bidge's are 'fully rockered', whatever that means. Maybe a slight early rise on the tip or tail would be good. I rode the Rossi S3's last year and they were way too much ski for this hill. They had a petty aggressive rocker, and at 98mm underfoot are pretty close to the Bridge's.

But if you've skied the Bridge's and like them, that's all that matters.

What length are you look at?

I might have to try and check them out. Although I did also demo the Volkl Kendo's, which are skinnier than both of those, and wasn't super impressed. IMHO I didn't think they turned/initiated as easily as the Prophet 90s despite being built pretty similar, and they are both skinnier than the Bridge's. I did ski the Kendo's in 180 and the Prophet 90's in 172, so it very well may have been that. I think I should be in low 170 length skis. Wish I could have tried the Kendo's in that length.

I'm also not a big fan of aggressively rockered skis in Ohio, seems like too much for our conditions. Volkl says the Bidge's are 'fully rockered', whatever that means. Maybe a slight early rise on the tip or tail would be good. I rode the Rossi S3's last year and they were way too much ski for this hill. They had a petty aggressive rocker, and at 98mm underfoot are pretty close to the Bridge's.

But if you've skied the Bridge's and like them, that's all that matters.

What length are you look at?

I haven't skiied them. The rossi s3s look pretty insane, like you said, too much ski for ohio. They tried getting me in that one, and I'm not going for it. The bridge gets good review so I'm gonna go for it. Plus Id like to ski more moguls and it sounds like the rockered ski gives more points of contact throughout the the turn.

I'm gonna be in like a 172, although they said they have an employee my height that skis em in like a 186. :no:

If it's a mud slide up there, I'm still going. Should be 50 on Saturday. I'm pretty sure they are making all they can with the cold temps to protect the base they do have. It's 22 out now, I drove by some no name place in NY and Brandy Wine tonight. Both were making snow.

Still holding out for real snow. :(

You live in Ohio, might as well end your life now instead of waiting to never get any real snow.

We are supposed to get a little snow today and tonight, then 2-3 inches tomorrow night. You've lived with 2-3 inches your whole life, you should be ok with it by now. :fa:

So you don't call Miller you just post it on facebook and hope he finds it.

THIS AIN'T WORTH A VELVET PAINTING OF TWO WHALES AND A DOLPHIN GETTIN IT ON

Check your shit ball toucher. Sent you an invite on FB and hit it up here. I better see your ass on the hill. I'll have a bottle Goose with me. You bring some redbull.

And now it's 3am and I just want to put the gopro on the car and play in parking lots. Damn you Miller