Best GPS/NAV system for driving

Mojoe

YAY! Another iphone vs android thread! My fav.

First of all, Android was out a WHOLE YEAR before the iphone even came out. Who had multitasking first? Who had copy/paste first? Who had a universal notification system first? who had folders first? Who had a voice search first? who had a cloud first? Who's copying who here? These were things that iphone people were told they did not need, they believed it, yet somehow it eventually made it's way onto it and iphone owners think they were the first ones to have it. Fools

To have it look and feel just like your old phone there is no need to plug an Android phone in. A simple log in with your google account and everything is brought over to your new phone over the air. Apps, Contacts, Music, Saved wifi passwords, ringtones, etc. :dumb: Itunes whaaaa?

Enjoy always being second, while being brainwashed into thinking your first.

I was going to say this but was lazy with typing it. Good job.

" the great irony is that so much of the amazing innovation that Apple pulled off over the past three decades can be traced back to its willingness to swipe ideas from Xerox."

The great irony is having worked for Xerox I can say they did and do have great products, but unlike Apple, they couldn't market shit to save their lives thus Canon, who can market, set up shop here in another ironic twist....Lake Success, NY. Xerox wasn't doing shit with the ideas they claim Apple stole. So in essence if you come up with a great idea and don't do shit with it, are you part of moving the world forward or is it more the one who can take that idea to the next level and actually impact humanity with it? I vote the latter.

Again, Google can come up with some cool shit, no doubt, but it's Apple that creates the market for the technology and has a solid enough business to actually command money for it and make profits.

" the great irony is that so much of the amazing innovation that Apple pulled off over the past three decades can be traced back to its willingness to swipe ideas from Xerox."

The great irony is having worked for Xerox I can say they did and do have great products, but unlike Apple, they couldn't market shit to save their lives thus Canon, who can market, set up shop here in another ironic twist....Lake Success, NY. Xerox wasn't doing shit with the ideas they claim Apple stole. So in essence if you come up with a great idea and don't do shit with it, are you part of moving the world forward or is it more the one who can take that idea to the next level and actually impact humanity with it? I vote the latter.

Again, Google can come up with some cool shit, no doubt, but it's Apple that creates the market for the technology and has a solid enough business to actually command money for it and make profits.

You missed the point. Theft is not correct. Also flat out wanting to stop an OS from existing is also incorrect. Seriously go away and have fun in applemonopolyville.

You missed the point. Theft is not correct. Also flat out wanting to stop an OS from existing is also incorrect. Seriously go away and have fun in applemonopolyville.

Did I miss the point or did I get it and just not comment?

Was Apple found guilty of theft?

What was the role of Xerox executives in all this?

Have I ever said I support stopping Android?

I love how Apple is being seen as the big bad Gorilla in all this :lolguy:

This is very similar to what I have. Lifetime maps and traffic. The traffic functions very well and has saved my ass quite a few times. I highly recommend it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Garmin+-+n%26%23252%3Bvi+1450LMT+GPS/1089764.p?id=1218219610898&skuId=1089764

This one has better traffic but no lifetime map updates

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Garmin+-+n%26%23252%3Bvi+2555LT+GPS/3130296.p?id=1218379526562&skuId=3130296

Talking to a few people around here, I'm hearing that TomTom is not accurate as others out there. But all hear say until I can find it proven.

I have TomTom USA on my iPhone and use it with the $20 a year traffic, works great, got my ass to Phoenix and Home, Homer Simpson was my GPS voice. The cool thing about TomTom USA is the Map is in the App, (1.4Gb file) if you don't have Data or service, you still have Navigation. I also have the windshield dock which has a better GPS chip built into it that is used when the phone is in the dock. It was well worth the $$ invested. Now my Voice on it is Mr. Burns. Makes me laugh all the time.

BTW the normal/cheap iPhone car chargers do not charge your phone while using GPS it still drains and eventually will go dead, GPS takes a ton of Battery to run, the TomTom dock does charge the phone and keep it at 100% while using the App. I ran mine for 18hrs one day. Just a heads up to check your charger, they all say they are charging but some after 2 hrs of driving will notice you have less battery than you started out with even while plugged in.

Also what is cool with this app is, my iPhone connects to my stock radio via Bluetooth, music is selectable via the steering wheel, so is calling, and when you are listening to music and running the TomTom app at the same time, it softens the music a little when the directions are being spoken over your radio then the music returns to normal volume when done. Works really well.

BTW the normal/cheap iPhone car chargers do not charge your phone while using GPS it still drains and eventually will go dead, GPS takes a ton of Battery to run, the TomTom dock does charge the phone and keep it at 100% while using the App.

Perhaps true on TomTom but 100% untrue when using MotionX Drive. It maintains and charges my phone. I use it all the time when traveling.

Perhaps true on TomTom but 100% untrue when using MotionX Drive. It maintains and charges my phone. I use it all the time when traveling.

I didn't say all, I had two chargers and neither of them did, until I got the TomTom Dock. Both of mine were Ebay specials. It's all about the wattage of charger. MotionX Drive uses the same GPS chip in the phone, the app will access the same power the GPS uses.

And if you are using one of the Data download GPS navigation apps pulling the map via DATA and using GPS at the same time watch your battery fall rapidly without a charger.

I didn't say all, I had two chargers and neither of them did, until I got the TomTom Dock. Both of mine were Ebay specials. It's all about the wattage of charger. MotionX Drive uses the same GPS chip in the phone, the app will access the same power the GPS uses.

Cheap eBay Bastard you are :gabe:

And if you are using one of the Data download GPS navigation apps pulling the map via DATA and using GPS at the same time watch your battery fall rapidly without a charger.
I always use a charger when using GPS because I"m usually doing three things....talking on the phone while connected to bluetooht, using MotionX and streaming music. :no: