Serious Question

DavidBaustert

400ish RWHP dyno dynamics numbers (~18% lower than dynojet) in a 2500ish# car. What is a good benchmark to shoot for with a manual, and also an auto. I've done some of the online calculators but I wanna know what anyone with similar setups have ran and what I need to shoot for. Thanks!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran a 13.2 in the car with a stock turbo setup at like 119 but I've been through a few variations of setups and tunes since then. Just trying to get an idea. This cold weather has got me wondering.

Well I went 12.96@105 in a 2400# car with approx 200whp.. so realistically if you could get the 119 mph to even kinda hook 1.8 60' then you'd be mid 11's

I ran a 13.2 in the car with a stock turbo setup at like 119 but I've been through a few variations of setups and tunes since then. Just trying to get an idea. This cold weather has got me wondering.

You sure that wasn't at 109 mph? I went 13.1 at 106 mph in my old SRT4 with bolt-ons on street tires with a crappy 2.1 60'. I'd imagine with 400 hp in a rwd car at 2500 lbs should go 11s pretty easily.

You sure that wasn't at 109 mph? I went 13.1 at 106 mph in my old SRT4 with bolt-ons on street tires with a crappy 2.1 60'. I'd imagine with 400 hp in a rwd car at 2500 lbs should go 11s pretty easily.

Nope, 119. Spun the majority of the 60' on some garbage ass 205s. No idea what power level it was at as we had just got the car running on megasquirt.

Be a CR mod like Jones... Troll legit racing inquiry threads while promoting track days.

I went 12.3 in a 3400 pound car at 400. You could pull off 11's.

I guess I don't consider it trolling.

I see about 400 of these threads every week on the various forums I am on.

They are about as useless as can be. What a car should or "could run" on the internet rarely translates to what it does in reality.

The human element tends to make things far too random to predict.

Bahumbug

I'm not changing my setup after this one. Just curious what I should expect out of it. I built the car to be a fun street toy to play around with and so far it's been just that for me, but I'd like to make it out to the track more often that I do. I see no harm in that. I wasn't asking for opinions as much as people with similar p/w ratios to chime in with some insight on the matter. I've had high 11's in my head with the manual, but I've been toying around with the idea of throwing a 4l60e behind the SR and buying a controller and doing that too. It's quite a bit of money and work to do so, so I'm trying to justify the swap.