Colony Colapse Disorder Solved? (Zombies Inside)

CRed05

Good news! Looks like they found the cause, now it can be stopped.

http://news.yahoo.com/zombie-fly-parasite-killing-honeybees-230200867.html

...The parasitic fly lays eggs in a bee’s abdomen. Several days later, the parasitized bee bumbles out of the hives often at night on a solomission to nowhere. These bees often fly toward light and wind up unable to control their own bodies. After a bee dies, as many as 13 fly larvae crawl out from the bee’s neck. The bees’ behavior seems similar to that of ants that are parasitized and then decapitated from within by other fly larvae from the Apocephalus genus...

Doesn't change how I manage my hives at all. Strong bees will always survive, weak bees will die. Its simple genetics.

Until that day you notice that a shit ton of your bees have disappeared basically over night.

The problem is the pussy ass European be. African honey bees (or simply just bees to me :gabe:) aren't effected :fuckyeah:

No, its the pussification that our commercial beekeepers have created. They medicate colonies that have poor genetics and have basically made the strains all weaker. I am building strong colonies, they don't get medication and have to be hygenic, etc...

There are many, many types of parasitic larvae, molds etc that affect many differenct species of insects. They all involve a type of mind/body control. Very freaky shit. I know I've mentioned it in other threads and even wrote out a situation in a zombie thread here that detailed an actual possible and even realistic situation.

No, its the pussification that our commercial beekeepers have created. They medicate colonies that have poor genetics and have basically made the strains all weaker. I am building strong colonies, they don't get medication and have to be hygenic, etc...

I completely agree! I tried telling CPS this when they came and took my children but it didn't fly!

;)

I completely agree! I tried telling CPS this when they came and took my children but it didn't fly!

;)

Good thing your strong ass kids just pinked those pussy agents and were like, "gtfo, pig. I love my daddy, he makes us strong as fuck" and then they picked up the paddy wagon, threw it in a lake, and fucking ate the tear gas guns like a bauce.

Good thing your strong ass kids just pinked those pussy agents and were like, "gtfo, pig. I love my daddy, he makes us strong as fuck" and then they picked up the paddy wagon, threw it in a lake, and fucking ate the tear gas guns like a bauce.

haha Awesome.

There are a few of us radical bee keepers that don't medicate. If I lose the colony it is because it would have and should have died, anyway. If you see a bee swarm, please ring me up.

Had a good one summer before last... it may've been last sumer. Queen came thorough with some followers and holed up for a short bit at my back porch light. Drove them out, though, with minimal death rate. Even the ones in my house were redirected back out the door. It was pandemonium. lol