2013 Caddy ATS

Mallard

I'm not a fan, but I'll hold off on final judgement to see if they come out with an M3-killing -V model.

There is. There is also supposed to be a coupe and wagon. There was a planned convertible but i think it got axed

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same shit as always. OMG, on paper it's just as good as the Germans, maybe even better. Then you actually get in the thing and the build quality is slightly above ass, 5 years down the road every piece of plastic is faded and/or is broken in the interior, and the exterior design aged like fine milk.

I wonder which Opel platform this one is based off of? People seem to forget that Opel is also German...cheap German.

In this segment 3400 lbs for a car like this, with this amount of equipment is good. That's less than a C-class, less than a BMW 335, and in the neighborhood of a 328, depending on what the final figure is.

270 HP out of a 2.0L is still more than most of the competiton, and it can run on regular fuel (premium recommended for max performance). Plus, the engine was tuned for a flat torque curve, so it makes peak torque (260 ft-lbs) from ~2500 rpm to near redline, which on this engine is 6300 rpm. The low redline is mostly due to the fact that the turbo is out of breath on the top end as a result of the fasts spool.

318 HP out of a n/a 6 cylinder is also up there with the best of the competiton. Hyundai upped the ante though but they have more displacement too.

I do agree, 3400 pounds with EVERYTHING this car offers is impressive, but pointless. I still see an identity crisis. Are they trying to build a raw sports car or a luxury car? Again, absolutely beautiful car with a touch of kickass, but at what-I-would-imagine this car being priced at, it's going to be destroyed on a track by others with a similar price that are more track focused. You want a faster car? Look elsewhere. You want affordable luxury? Look elsewhere. What exactly is this car supposed to be?

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/08/2013-cadillac-ats-debuts-in-detroit-diesel-engine-confirmed/

A DIESEL Cadillac ATS...6-speed manual, RWD/AWD, Cadillac with 40+mpg???

DADDY LIKE.

Awesome if reality. I've heard the "Diesels in everything!" BS before and it never happened here. Not holding my breath.

• 3 months later...

Welcome to entry level luxury prices. This is 2012 people. Not the nineties. Cars are getting more and more expensive. Loaded cts, a4 and new 328s are touching 50k.

Ats v for 50 to 55 would do well. Would compete with the new a3 s3 and rs3 which will have similar pricing. Maybe a bit cheaper actually.

stop fagging up this thread. on a note unrelated to buttskex, i'd take an ATS over a 3 series...but a used CTS over an ATS.

Name: Dixie Normus

Really?

:dumb:

I'd agree with you regarding the new 3. I think it is ugly. Can't comment about the cts vs ats as I haven't seen an ats yet in person.