2013 Caddy ATS

Mallard

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they do a diesel I will seriously consider this car for a daily

+100. I'll leave it up to GM to either not bring a diesel ATS to U.S. markets, or only offer a phaggy automatic saying that the take rate on a diesel/manual doesn't justify the development costs. Let alone that Jetta TDi sales are through the roof and a large portion are sticks...

I'm definitely turned on to the idea of turning up the wick on a 45mpg diesel DD (intake/exhaust mods, chip). Right now, I'm eyeballing the new Passat TDi 6-speed (used 2013, 2014) as a daily driver option in 2016. However, would be happy to see what Cadillac coughs up...

No, I dont.

That's with virtually every option and many of those features the competition doesn't even offer in that class. Even then $49k is MSRP, no one pays that unless they are an idiot....closer to low-$40k's is more realistic or even upper $30k's VERY well equipped (not every option)...

I do agree, 3400 pounds with EVERYTHING this car offers is impressive, but pointless. I still see an identity crisis. Are they trying to build a raw sports car or a luxury car? Again, absolutely beautiful car with a touch of kickass, but at what-I-would-imagine this car being priced at, it's going to be destroyed on a track by others with a similar price that are more track focused. You want a faster car? Look elsewhere. You want affordable luxury? Look elsewhere. What exactly is this car supposed to be?

they're trying to build a car that does just about everything relatively well, just a smaller, more efficient, 'baby cts' if you will. i like it. i'd wait for the 'v' version, and hope that its awd.

Same shit as always. OMG, on paper it's just as good as the Germans, maybe even better. Then you actually get in the thing and the build quality is slightly above ass, 5 years down the road every piece of plastic is faded and/or is broken in the interior, and the exterior design aged like fine milk.

good thing you have a 5 year/100k mile warranty. 90% of people posting in this thread would never buy any of the cars in the discussion brand new. they're looking at buying a 3 year old used version--most gerbil cars only come with 3 year warranties last time i looked in to a german car (which was never).

probably should stick with a 335i----fuel pumps tank repeatedly and take the motor with it :dumb:

or maybe an s5---just pull the valve covers off every 30k miles to clean the sludge out when your car feels like its dragging a 2500lb anchor behind it :dumb:

you're right, american cars suck

they're trying to build a car that does just about everything relatively well, just a smaller, more efficient, 'baby cts' if you will. i like it. i'd wait for the 'v' version, and hope that its awd.

I'd be surprised if an AWD V version. Don't get me wrong, I would buy an AWD in a heart beat and the CTSV has been really well received, but i still think they are trying to establish themselves in the American performance/luxury market before they jump on to a AWD V version.

this being said, i hope i'm incorrect.