• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the officiating get any worse?

The refs should be investigated for payment from Pittsburgh

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

mace

Wasn't any worse than the officiating sham during the Giants game. Fuck all, they were terrible.

I'm no Pitt fan but the rule of 1st score on the first play is weird

mace

I think it's pretty dumb, too, but I guess it'll make for some big plays.

what game were you watching? that was some of the worst football i've ever seen in the playoffs on both sides of the ball

You must have missed the Steelers coming back to tie and getting sacked at end of 4th quarter to put them out of game winning field goal range. Also, you most clearly missed the game winning touchdown pass on the first play of overtime? Good one Madden!

If only somehow both Pittsburg AND Denver could have lost I would have been overjoyed. But I'll settle for a painful loss for shittsburg and a rather lame win for Denver. I feel the same way about the NCAA championship tonight. If some way, some how both teams could be embarassed I would be ever so happy.

You must have missed the Steelers coming back to tie and getting sacked at end of 4th quarter to put them out of game winning field goal range. Also, you most clearly missed the game winning touchdown pass on the first play of overtime? Good one Madden!

3 exciting plays do not make a game good. There was no point during the game when I thought "One of these teams deserves to be a Super Bowl champion."

GOOD ONE COLLINSWORTH :lolguy:

What still bothers me is that a 12-4 team went with an 8-8 team. I know how it works.. it just doesn't make sense. It is what it is (or was). I'll still be a Steeler fan next year, the year after that and so on. Not everyone can win every time.. unless you're Charlie Sheen?

3 exciting plays do not make a game good. There was no point during the game when I thought "One of these teams deserves to be a Super Bowl champion."

GOOD ONE COLLINSWORTH :lolguy:

Seriously, most not be a football fan. Also, sorry couldn't recap all the eventful plays you forgotten.

No, its just that I'm not a Bengals fan and therefore have not become complacent with mediocrity.

847 total yards, big plays on both sides of the ball, Steelers come back to take it to OT (which a big play to knock the ball away and take them out of winning FG range) HUGE play to win it in OT for the Broncos.

Not sure where you get this "3 exciting plays" bullshit.

847 total yards, big plays on both sides of the ball, Steelers come back to take it to OT (which a big play to knock the ball away and take them out of winning FG range) HUGE play to win it in OT for the Broncos.

Not sure where you get this "3 exciting plays" bullshit.

and 2 QBs tossing around 50%, 4 fumbles, and all around sloppy play.

and 2 QBs tossing around 50%, 4 fumbles, and all around sloppy play.

Yeah forced fumbles are sloppy play and not exciting :rolleyes:

Are you sure you really even know what you are talking about?

Fatboy Redman busted 2 long runs.... NOT EXCITING!!!!

Yeah forced fumbles are sloppy play and not exciting :rolleyes:

Are you sure you really even know what you are talking about?

Fatboy Redman busted 2 long runs.... NOT EXCITING!!!!

Considering the fact, like you said, that there were 800+ yards of offense, I'd expect more than 5 TDs. It didn't feel like those forced FGs were due to amazing D either. Look at the drives; most drives ended with "rush for x yards, pass incomplete, pass incomplete." or "pass short left for 4 yards, pass incomplete, pass short right for 2 yards, punt".

Collectively the teams were 10-26 on 3rd down. They were 2-6 in the red zone. With 847 yards of offense, only 39 first downs. 15 yards per pass for Denver. Those are college numbers, I guess what I'm saying is I felt like I was watching a regular old NCAA game (exactly what John Fox would like to see) instead of professionals.