Buying guns

THE BUCKET

Im going to buy a couple of guns off a buddy of mine and need some info. Im looking to keep a couple and trade or sale the others. Is there anything i need to do when i get these guns?? ive never bought from a person just a dealer? thanks

If you are both residents of the State of Ohio, exchange the cash(etc...) for the guns. There are no requirements for private sale of guns as long as you both met the federal age requirements for long guns and pistols. If you want, write up a bill of sale with the model and serial numbers and have both of you sign it and keep a copy of it. I only really do that when I sell to people I don't know.

What about out of state? I got 2, an old Remington model 11 automatic shotgun and a SW 38 special both from grandfather in Michigan. Do I need any paperwork? Or no since in Ohio you don't need to register them

What about out of state? I got 2, an old Remington model 11 automatic shotgun and a SW 38 special both from grandfather in Michigan. Do I need any paperwork? Or no since in Ohio you don't need to register them

Person to person sale forms can be found online, if you really care to do it. Personally, I don't deal with strangers, but even some friends can turn out to be someone other than who you think they are. I won't go into that, because that subject has been covered on this forum before.