Sad day for BBQ

LJ

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2012/01/10/six-of-seven-hoggys-restaurants-closed-receivership.html

Six of the seven Hoggy’s restaurants closed yesterday after poor sales forced the Columbus-based barbecue chain into receivership.

The lone remaining location, in Gahanna, will remain open and will be operated by the receiver under court jurisdiction, said A.C. Strip, an attorney who represents the receiver.

Although I thought their food had gone downhill over the past few years anyway

if you fags want some good, inexpensive bbq then go to Route 62 BBQ in Johnstown

i go there all the time

Do you know any of the Johnstown cops?

I'm doing a ride along with one in a few weeks

Anyone know if the Pig Iron (just south of Worthington) is still open? They always had some good BBQ, I just haven't really been over that way in a while.

Yes, it is.

I believe it's a "sister" restaurant to Old Bag of Nails. You can usually get a Pig Iron brisket sammich at the Old Bag here in Delaware. It's pretty damn good.

As for Hoggy's, I liked it. It wasn't my favorite but it was decent BBQ at a decent price. The Delaware location was just run very poorly in my opinion, no to mention that service was almost always lacking.

Now the same people have opened an Italian themed restaurant in that location. I haven't tried it yet, so I'm not sure if it's any good. I probably would have by now but when I found out the same people run it I said "oh, that sucks". Looks like the few reviews on Urbanspoon are exactly what I expected (poor).

Nothing up here is real BBQ. If you want the good stuff, head south. I've been to Memphis, Charlotte, and Dallas a few times for work. I gorge myself with BBQ when I'm at those places. The stuff is absolutely amazing! A few days after I'm home from those trips, I start craving BBQ, head to City BBQ, Hoggy's, or whatever and it all takes like shit. BBQ in Ohio... I am disappoint.