Sad day for BBQ

LJ

I guess I'm part of that group. Where was there a Hoggy's in Powell? :confused:

I'm with you. Perhaps the one that was at Sawmill and Hard located on that shitty unseen corner of the shopping center across from Lifetime? Dublin IMO but who knows, maybe that's the one they are calling Powell. :confused:

IMO they were stupid for even putting it there as the viability was shit. May very well have been a nice place inside and a good location overall but not when no one can see your sign or know you're there. I only went that way when exiting the shopping center to head out towards 33.

The problem in today's market that wasn't there even a few years ago is the economy is shit and people are spending less....aka fast casual joints or fast food, and people don't have the time to spend sitting down and having a longer lunch.

I know my behaviors have changed as I'm far less likely to hit a true sit-down joint for lunch vs an in and out quickly Pei Wei or something. I also don't want to spend $50-60 on dinner for two as often. Again, would much rather hit a fast casual place and either eat there or take it home and only spend $25-$30.

The market is proving that as fast casual and fast food places are overall doing very well so long as the brand is good. The fact that they are closing really tells me that Hoggy's was unable to adapt their operations and locations to the economy. Way too many square feet and likely worse than average food and paper costs. I can't comment on their labor costs wouldn't doubt it if it was proportionally high.

Where does the love for City BBQ come from? Do people enjoy nasty, soggy, tasteless meat or sides that have less flavor and texture than the crap they leave on the counter for the old folks at the medicare lounge?

RT.62BBQ has spoiled me. Far better than the southern chain of Sonny's and there is just no contest to anything else I've had in Ohio.

Where does the love for City BBQ come from? Do people enjoy nasty, soggy, tasteless meat or sides that have less flavor and texture than the crap they leave on the counter for the old folks at the medicare lounge?

I wondered this also. I wouldn't call it nasty but it never impressed me any more than Hoggy's, other than the fact I like CBBQ sauce a bit better. Apparently shredded meat in sauce is barbecue here.

That said, I haven't had anything appreciably better anywhere near Ohio.

THANK YOU!

Everybody I know seems to love City BBQ. Especially people at work. I swear, they would give sell their first born to have City BBQ cater an event.

I've never had a single thing there that is worth eating, let alone worth getting excited about.

THANK YOU!

Everybody I know seems to love City BBQ. Especially people at work. I swear, they would give sell their first born to have City BBQ cater an event.

I've never had a single thing there that is worth eating, let alone worth getting excited about.

Completely agree. Can't stand the place.

Hoggy's was meh, but I went there once a month or so. I bet there were no more than 5 people in there during the lunch hour for the past 3 or 4 months.

Not a surprise they locked up.

THANK YOU!

next time we both have a day off at the same time you need to drop by so you can try out some Rt. 62