Pro's and con's on droid phones

Major_golf

But I will admit the androids are more of a geeks phone.

QFT. With that the Woz article doesn't surprise me one bit. He's the biggest freak/geek there is. Always was and always will be. I mean the guys got shit-tons of cash and physically looks like shit and dresses like ass. :nono: I'm surprised Apple even lets him sport their phone for fear of poor representation.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also left the iphone family last year and switched to android. I'm rocking currently a Motorola Atrix 2 which I find to be a sleeper hit of 2011 in the android market. It's very smooth and fast, beautiful qHD display, pretty decent camera, and the ability to transform your phone into a netbook with a somewhat expensive (200 bucks) accessory called a webtop (essentially a 10" laptop with keyboard you plug your phone into) and can surf the net in a full firefox browser and essentially do anything else you'd do on a netbook.

With that said, and as others have said. It really boils down to personal preference. If you want a smooth streamlined, never changing experience with all the accessories and universal-ability a person could dream for. . . stick with the iphone. If you're a bit on the geeky side and wanna be different. . . . like the idea of tinkering with your phone and the software, and like the ability of running custom ROM's and homebrew apps that are incredibly dynamic and always changing. . . you owe it to yourself to try an android.

I will add in final tho that the resale value will probably always be greater on an iphone after a year, and this is simply because the android hardware development has been advancing quite rapidly and as such it's kind of hard not to feel buyers remorse when you buy a new android phone and something much greater comes out in a few months.