Toyota Techs?

wagner

I am having an issue with my 08 Yaris.

The car is a 5 speed and there is an intermittent pop coming from the driveline (maybe) from time to time. When I leave from a stop every there is this popping type of noise coming from the front.

This happens when I do my 1-2 shift, does not do it when the car is at speed.

Let me know if you need more information.

Sounds like an engine mount or something unloading in the suspension, I bet when Rocky reads this he'll know what it is.

That makes sense. Now that I think about it, it is almost like it does it as I am kind of leaving from the stop. Like as I let out on the clutch and pull away.

What is your 60 foot? Are you leaving on nitrous or motor? Any tire spin at launch? ;)

All motor, I got the danger to intake error so I stopped spraying the guts out of it.

No tire spin a launch, just this popping noise from time to time.

Weve seen a lot of these come in, its the transmission mount on the top of the transmission. A very easy job to do yourself.

There is a TSB on it, depending on how many miles you have. Toyota extended it to 60 months, 60,000 miles.

Some info on the TSB

T-SB-0068-09

February 19, 2009

Transverse Engine Mount - Abnormal Noise and Vibration on Acceleration

Some 2007 - 2009 model year Yaris vehicles may exhibit an abnormal noise and vibration during one or more of the following conditions:

^ Accelerating from a stop.

^ While shifting gears.

Previous part number 12372-21130

New part number 12372-21131

Warranty pays us .5 to replace..

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr133/probin007/motormount.jpg

• Upvote 1

Weve seen a lot of these come in, its the transmission mount on the top of the transmission. A very easy job to do yourself.

There is a TSB on it, depending on how many miles you have. Toyota extended it to 60 months, 60,000 miles.

Some info on the TSB

T-SB-0068-09

February 19, 2009

Transverse Engine Mount - Abnormal Noise and Vibration on Acceleration

Some 2007 - 2009 model year Yaris vehicles may exhibit an abnormal noise and vibration during one or more of the following conditions:

^ Accelerating from a stop.

^ While shifting gears.

Previous part number 12372-21130

New part number 12372-21131

Warranty pays us .5 to replace..

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr133/probin007/motormount.jpg

See Wagner what did I tell you? That looks like a cake job, yes you can do that at home if its out of warranty.

Yes they extended the coverage on this, it should be covered if your not over 60k miles.

If you want me to work on it to make sure its done right, just let me know.. Or you can go to any toyota dealer. Keep the TSB with you and make them replace it.

Anything more I can do to help, let me know.

Yes they extended the coverage on this, it should be covered if your not over 60k miles.

If you want me to work on it to make sure its done right, just let me know.. Or you can go to any toyota dealer. Keep the TSB with you and make them replace it.

Anything more I can do to help, let me know.

I would like it done right, when and where can we make this happen?

Thank you for your help, I hope this is it and the simple fix.