Carmax Strikes again

KennyFKINPowerz

So when I went to pick up the VW last week from Carmax I noticed that they had backed my car in to something or someone hit may car while in the shop. So they said they would take care of the bumper and repair and repaint it. So I go to pick it up today and as I am walking towards it thinking WOW they did a really good job FINALLY. Then I rub my hand accross the bumper and take a closer look at the repair. The paint has like 50 fucking bubbles in it. Im like REALLY. They call the body shop manager out to look at it and he says "Oh, I will see if they can sand that out". I said the fuck you will, you retard. You cant sand that shit out. Thats from a shitty prep job. So needless to say, they still have my car HA HA. OHHHHHHH BOOOYYYY. I bought this car on Nov 20th and I have actually had it in my posession for maybe 3 weeks tops..

More fucking clowns! I don't know how these fuckers stay in business!!! If I or any of my coworkers did shitty work like that, they'd be fired. Thanks for the update, you've confirmed all my suspicions about carmax.

Ya, I've no idea why you are still in this at this point. It's only your fault when the car turns out to be a shitty car. A shitty car would be the expected out come now. The best you can hope for is a surprise and have it be a good car.

Hell, after you are rid of the car take them to small claims court for damages of your wasted time. I'm not the litigious type, but they need taught a lesson in customer service. Plus you've wasted a ton of time on their fuck-ups.

Wasn't someone here here in mgmt there?

If it occurred while the car was in their possession, does it matter how it happened?

My only point is that, if it did happen on their lot and the actual culprit was not a Carmax employee, but a customer or whatever, at least they stepped up to attempt to right the issue. Maybe not to the highest level possible, but at least they're trying to resolve the body damage.

My only point is that, if it did happen on their lot and the actual culprit was not a Carmax employee, but a customer or whatever, at least they stepped up to attempt to right the issue. Maybe not to the highest level possible, but at least they're trying to resolve the body damage.

If you haven't kept up with OP's other thread, it seems like it's been one cheap fix after another for his car. Carmax is absolutely trying to do right by him, but youd think that 2 months down the road they would've gotten his car to him in one piece.

If you haven't kept up with OP's other thread, it seems like it's been one cheap fix after another for his car. Carmax is absolutely trying to do right by him, but youd think that 2 months down the road they would've gotten his car to him in one piece.

+1

Its actually a great fricken car and is by far way better than any of the 5 loaners that they have given me which is the only reason I decided to keep it.

They finally sent it to MAG who fixed the vibration and the suspension noise. It was just there to get the bumper fixed that they damaged. It was not bad damage, just a couple of scrapes in a poly bumper but they did a shitty repair job.

Get this:

The production mamager calls me and tells me that hey wet sanded and buffed it and they got "MOST" of the bubbles out and the remaining ones would go away after the repair had time to relax. I hit the fucking roof. I ran a fricken body shop for 2 years, that did most of MAGS work and all the VOLVO work in Ohio. I am not a body man but I have seen shitty jobs in my time and I know what a quality repair should look like. Its from a crappy prep job or spraying the base on primer that has not fully dried. Its the damed paint lifing off of the repair. GOOD GOD ALL MIGHTY.

I cant believe they really try to pass this shit off on people.

+1

Its actually a great fricken car and is by far way better than any of the 5 loaners that they have given me which is the only reason I decided to keep it.

They finally sent it to MAG who fixed the vibration and the suspension noise. It was just there to get the bumper fixed that they damaged. It was not bad damage, just a couple of scrapes in a poly bumper but they did a shitty repair job.

Get this:

The production mamager calls me and tells me that hey wet sanded and buffed it and they got "MOST" of the bubbles out and the remaining ones would go away after the repair had time to relax. I hit the fucking roof. I ran a fricken body shop for 2 years, that did most of MAGS work and all the VOLVO work in Ohio. I am not a body man but I have seen shitty jobs in my time and I know what a quality repair should look like. Its from a crappy prep job or spraying the base on primer that has not fully dried. Its the damed paint lifing off of the repair. GOOD GOD ALL MIGHTY.

I cant believe they really try to pass this shit off on people.

There comes a point where they need to realize you're not typical customer. As in, service writer tells manager "Listen, this guy knows his shit, he's not going to accept shitty quality work. We can either continue throwing good money after bad on crappy repairs trying to get him to just take his car home, or we can spend more money, do it right, and wash our hands of it"