4l60? Tahoe

TurboNova

My buddy has an 04 tahoe 5.3 4x4 all the time. He just called me ( I have not looked at it yet) and said that is will shift from 1-2 then rpms spike and wont go past 2nd. truck has 100k on it. I have been reading other boards and they seem to have a bunch of smaller problems not necessarily rebuilds needed. Anyone know anything about this trans and possible problems.

I will assume its a 4l60 variation and not an 80 but I am not sure what vehicles the 80 went into

my wifes broke two sunshell's til I put a beast sunshell in it . But when the sunshell breaks it also will not have reverse . just had to replace the converter three weeks ago . :mad: Her's is a 4L65E 80 is only on 6.0 i think

My buddy has an 04 tahoe 5.3 4x4 all the time. He just called me ( I have not looked at it yet) and said that is will shift from 1-2 then rpms spike and wont go past 2nd. truck has 100k on it. I have been reading other boards and they seem to have a bunch of smaller problems not necessarily rebuilds needed. Anyone know anything about this trans and possible problems.

I will assume its a 4l60 variation and not an 80 but I am not sure what vehicles the 80 went into

This just happened to my Escalade. Tranny had to be rebuilt, sorry.

Pull the tranny dipstick, does it smell burnt? Is so, its toast.