Photogs with iPhones

TTQ B4U

I've been seriously thinking of getting the Owle Bubo. But just haven't made the leap yet

it's a nice idea, but without having optical zoom, it's an awful lot of trouble and expense for basically a good grip and better microphone. I downloaded a 3x digital zoom video program for the iPhone and it seems to work very well. True test will be what the video when zoomed looks like on my HD TV.

if I'm going to carry that, I'm going to put my HD Video camera in my pocket. Now the cost of which is about $400 vs $150 but it's dedicated and has a 42x optical zoom. When holding the Sony in one hand and the iPhone in the other, the weight difference is barely noticeable.

iPhone 4s = 4.9oz

Sony CX160 = 8.8 oz

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/140905761/original.jpg

Edited by TTQ B4U

Hmmm I like the size of that HD camera! And I'm looking for an in between for my iPhone and 5D Mark II, but not as small as my GoPro Hero2. What are your thoughts on the Sony CX160?? Do you like it? How does it do in lowlight?

Hmmm I like the size of that HD camera! And I'm looking for an in between for my iPhone and 5D Mark II, but not as small as my GoPro Hero2. What are your thoughts on the Sony CX160?? Do you like it? How does it do in lowlight?

It does great in low light. Reading the reviews they state Panny does better but every vid I've seen the colors of the Sony are better and detail wise, you're splitting hairs. Especially considering the $100 delta in price. I didn't want to spend over $400 so for me it fits the bill very well. Photography will still continue to be my love.

So far I'm very happy with the Sony. I'm newer to video and chose Sony Vegas Movie studio HD for my software. I hear it's in the tops of the software and easier to learn / use than Adobe Premiere which I also have. I agree, the Sony software is very intuitive.