Little help on RX8

Mace1647545504

Except the RX8 seats 4 and has extra doors, making it easier to get a child seat in and out of. If he has a kid he can't drive an S2k or a Z06. (One of the reasons I was looking at them too)

He just sold a 350Z, so I ASSumed a 2 seater is ok.

OP, what's a price range you're looking at? I think that'll make all the difference in the world with suggestions.

I'm looking at up to 12k...I always ask about maintenance recs.

There are a few other vehicles I'm looking at, but i really like the body on the rx8.

I looked at an old rx7 YEARS ago and I seem to remember something about coolant you had to watch out for because it was pumped directly into the engine. I know that statement is not quite right but those of you in the know,know what I talking about I guess.

mace

I'm looking at up to 12k...I always ask about maintenance recs.

There are a few other vehicles I'm looking at, but i really like the body on the rx8.

I looked at an old rx7 YEARS ago and I seem to remember something about coolant you had to watch out for because it was pumped directly into the engine. I know that statement is not quite right but those of you in the know,know what I talking about I guess.

mace

I seem to have found something on the web a while ago on how rotaries work...

It's like this: The toadstool juice fires through the unicorn injector into the fairy dust chamber, where the tiny wizard does his secret work...Then a gang of keebler elves get hopped up on the crystalline byproduct of the wizard's tinkering, (they smoke it) and then the elves push the spinning triangle through a series of dimensional portals to a final realm codenamed the "exhaust port..." At least that's my undersanding of rotary sorcery...

seriously though, the buring of anything in an rx7 would probably have been referring to oil, an rx7 injects a small ammount of oil into the combustion chambers to oil the rotor seals.

I had a 04 rx8 6spd for some simt. Ran the piss out of it and never had one single problem. I guess it's a hit or miss with these cars. I liked it alot and was fun as hell to drive on the back country roads where I live but I get bored with cars easily so I ended up selling it.

Here's a link to my old forsale thread from a couple yrs ago where I got pics and talked about it

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59266&highlight=mazda+rx8

A good friend of mine is trying to buy a car right now and he is a rotary guy. He has been wanting an RX8 so I finally found one for him. I just went and picked it up and had a freaking blast driving it back to my dealership. They definitely aren't "fast", but are extremely responsive and super easy to flick sideways. Revving to almost 9k rpm's was fun too!

Good luck on your search man.

seriously though, the buring of anything in an rx7 would probably have been referring to oil, an rx7 injects a small ammount of oil into the combustion chambers to oil the rotor seals.

AFAIK, FB/FC (fuel injected) have a cold start assist which does inject antifreeze into the combustion chamber. Don't know for FD or RX-8.

I drove an RX-8 a time back and it just wasn't fun compared to my FB. Felt heavy and slow. Bought my Saab instead. Space to carry stuff, great handling, AWD, and good mileage.