replacement glass companys

BIGGU

Looking for ideas on who is a reputable company to replace my front windshield in my legacy.

got a decent size chip that has turned into a rather large crack about a foot and a half long so it needs replaced.

0 deductible, so I could care less what the price is.

only stipulation is that they must be able to get me true OEM glass, no aftermarket glass bull crap.

also dont say safelite, I will never let them touch another car of mine.

Why no Safelite? I had my 05 STI windshield replaced by them and one in my old 02 WRX both seemed fine and got good service.

Tim, I though the dealer will just contract out the work to some one else.

Ben, No safelite because last time I had them replace a window on my lexus they chipped the paint and scratched it, along with bent my metal glass molding and broke some window clips and then glued them back into place.

on top of that they denied all accusations saying its just from rock chips in the and there is no way they caused it.

Its kinda funny, how a car that just got its window replaced at the body shop after getting its roof and a-pillars repainted still having its interior taped off from paint over spray can get rock chips from never moving.

screw safelite, they paid me for the body work to get it fixed but it was a 2-3 month process to get it to happen. funny thing is the GM came out and took one look and said yep that was us, I know the tool that would have created that chip just a careless installer.

Tim, I though the dealer will just contract out the work to some one else.

True but I thought perhaps you could have them order the windshield from Subaru. I had Pontiac do this on my GTP years ago because safelite installed a panel that wasn't compatible with my HUD unit. The dealer ordered the glass and then I'm not sure who did the work but at least I got my compatible glass.

funny thing is the GM came out and took one look and said yep that was us, I know the tool that would have created that chip just a careless installer.

FWIW, you can get a careless installer or tech anywhere. I know you're likely looking at the principle of it all and not wanting to use that same company, but they did eventually make it right and the GM admited it was their installer. At least that shows Mgt. is on board with making it right. If a company is shady all the way from the top down then avoid them, but if it's just a shoddy tech and the company still stands tall, perhaps a different story.

Good luck though.

At our small car dealership we use Auto Glass Fitters. Same guy has installed glass on my boss's cars which are a 55 Chevy Cameo and a 41 Plymouth and 61 Comet Station wagon.

You are going to pay more for OEM glass. Just ask for OEM when you ask about order.

http://autoglassfitters.com

I only deal with the Zanesville store so I can not speak about any of there other locations.