Smart phone, iphone peeps

wnaplay1647545503

Is there a way to change say an iphone to be used as a "dumb" phone? I dont need all the options of a smart phone but I would like to have an iphone just for the ipod part of it and it still make basic calls like mine does now. I have a "dumb" phone now through verizon with no data.

I have an app on the ipods where I can make free wifi calls but the kids want iphones. They have dumb phones and carry touches with them as well. They have no data on their phones now as I had them all turned off. Its only calls and texts allowed. I hate to pay a data charge because with 5 phones the data package costs alone would be ridiculous.

Damnit they were talking about it in 2010 and thn I thought it was getting steam in 2011, and then I heard its coming out in 2012. Wtf, can you light a fire under soeones ass over there? Can I get a discount if I tell them I am disabled?:)

Nope, nope :yuno: Not ready yet. Shared data would multiply the number of users and any possible gains would be lost in the need to raise the capacity.

I gave my son my old 2003 Razr phone.. Blocked texts and data. $5 a month for the added line. If he wants a data plan to text and do other shit he can pay for it himself. He's also 18.. so not a young 13 year old who wants to text everyone all day /every day.

My oldset son is a texting maniac IIRC he averages 50k per month, unless I heard my wife wrong.

Ya that don't jive in my house. It's pretty easy when you tell them "listen fucker.. I'm paying for it, deal with it." If he wants to do something else with his phone/plan.. he can pay for it. I'm not flipping the bill so he can text his buddies all day/night.

My house.. my phone plan.. my rules :).

50k TEXTS A MONTH???????????????????????? Are you shitting me lol

The LAST frigging thing he needs is a smart phone then!

I mean does he text the whole damn time hes at AND away from school?? Doesnt that shit annoy you when hes home? The last time I was home with my little sister (13) and she was texting that much I told her to put the god damn phone down!

Did verizon ever come out with a family share data plan as in I pay for one plan and not individually?

Nope, wont happen anytime soon. People are willing to pay all this extra money to say they have iphones and androids. Until they stop paying it will never happen. Its not uncommon to see $120 in data plans alone on a family's bill.

Damnit they were talking about it in 2010 and thn I thought it was getting steam in 2011, and then I heard its coming out in 2012. Wtf, can you light a fire under soeones ass over there? Can I get a discount if I tell them I am disabled?:)

Nope, nope :yuno: Not ready yet. Shared data would multiply the number of users and any possible gains would be lost in the need to raise the capacity.

LOL

Verizon closer to shared data plan.

I took the sim card out of my antiquated phone and put it in a iPhone 3G. After registering with iTunes it works fine with no data plan. I wasn't able to recover my contacts though.

I then took it to AT&T to have the contacts pulled from one phone into the other and they argued that it wouldn't work without data. I just kept kindly asking them to do it until they gave in. Still no data plan as of 1yr later.

I gave my son my old 2003 Razr phone.. Blocked texts and data. $5 a month for the added line. If he wants a data plan to text and do other shit he can pay for it himself. He's also 18.. so not a young 13 year old who wants to text everyone all day /every day.

I was 17 when I got my first data phone, but then again I also started paying for my own cell phone plan at that point. When I wanted a phone that could text and do other things, they basically gave me the "then you can pay for it yourself" so... I did. Of course it was also a lot cheaper back then and I'm only 23 now.

My oldset son is a texting maniac IIRC he averages 50k per month, unless I heard my wife wrong.

I hope for your own sake (and his) that you heard your wife wrong then. Sorry, but that is bat-shit insane if your son is texting that much. Assuming he gets about 7 hours of sleep, that's about 95 texts per hour from the second he wakes up until the second he goes to sleep.

5,000 a month is a little more reasonable, but still about 167 or so per day. Texting is a nice convenience, but I hate that people don't want to have a real conversation over the phone anymore.