17 hmr talk

XChris1632X

Didn't see too many 17 talks on here but I have always been in the market for one. I have always ended wanting something else before this so I have never brought one home though. Now I am itching for a savage bad. I just want a bad ass varmit gun for my property kind of thing. Many friends of mine have these and I have shot a couple both with accutrigger and without. I have always kept my eye the Vances ads for these but have not committed yet. Yesterday I was in Dicks and just decided to look at some guns. First time I have seen the model with heavy stainless barrel and the thumb hole laminated stock. I think I'm sold on it. I didn't buy it because I wanted to shop around and I have no desire to buy from Dicks. Before I buy, I would like to hear some other people opinions on the different models and see some picks of a few setups as well. What do you guys have?

I have a NEF single shot, break barrel w/ the Sweet 17 Scope. It is definitely a nice rifle / round. The Only thing "bad" is that the trigger pull is on the heavy side and a little gritty (easily cleaned up).

Accutrigger IS the way to go. If I were in the market for one, it would certainly be at the top of the REQUIREMENTS!

:thumbup:

KillJoy

I have always been intrigued by the 17hmr...but never had the opportunity to shoot one.

It feels like 22LR. I have one without an accutrigger. I've never pulled the other trigger before but no issues with what I have.