Who makes their own pop?

RC K9

Whats it cost to make a 2ltr with this?

Mine only fits the single liter and smaller bottles. I got it for Christmas, so I'm not sure how much the machine was, but it came with a pretty nice sized CO2 can and some samples. I picked up a Dr.Pete (Dr.Pepper) syrup bottle and it was $5 give or take a dollar. I think it said the bottle makes ~33 liter bottles, depending on how much syrup you use on each. I can also say that the recommended amount of carbonation wasn't enough for me. It came out a little flat, so I put a few extra pumps in each bottle. I'll probably run out of CO2 sooner, but whatever.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does it taste like? I assume its probably like the cheap knockoffs you can buy in the store?

Some of the stuff is pretty on the money. Dr. Pepper is hard to replicate, but their version is still pretty good. The energy drink tastes just like Red Bull, the orange soda is spot on, and the root beer was pretty good as well. That's about all I've tried so far. They've got some other like fruity carbonated water stuff too. The girlfriend wants to try those haha.

It is Soda.

Ryan are you still trying to brew that Jankem looking shit again?

Witches Brew Son!

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=474&pictureid=5767

Also, yes, when I live in Arkansas, everything was Coke. "What kind of coke you want?"

I had never heard of the soda stream before. Looks interesting but expensive.

Using the extracts you can pick up at the home brew store

Extract - $7.50

5 lbs sugar - $3.50

Brewers yeast packet - $1.50

Water - Free

Used 1 or 2 liter plastic pop bottles - Free

=$12.50 for 19 Liters (5 gallons) of pop

You'll need probably less than $25 of equipment to get started, more if you need a brew pot.

We had a Soda Stream when I was growing up. It was cool, and fun. There isn't a damn thing that I didn't try to turn into a carbonated drink. Powerade? BOOM CARBONATED. Milk? BOOM CARBONATED! My dad would get pissed though because your only suppose to carbonate the water and then add that to syrup or powder else the nozzle gets sticky :dumb:

We had a Soda Stream when I was growing up. It was cool, and fun. There isn't a damn thing that I didn't try to turn into a carbonated drink. Powerade? BOOM CARBONATED. Milk? BOOM CARBONATED! My dad would get pissed though because your only suppose to carbonate the water and then add that to syrup or powder else the nozzle gets sticky :dumb:

Been wanting to try this :megusta:

Its pop. You live in Ohio, not California.

Troof.

The soda people are probably from Northern Ohio and they likely pronounce it with a long O. I get that soda is actually part of the name of this shit, but saying it the "wrong way" is the right way here. Get it right.

While we're at it, how do you pronounce this word...?

Caramel

It fucks me up almost every time. I see that second "a" in there but I can't seem to remember to pronounce it.

:dumb:

You're right, but she hasnt lived in england for about 25 years.

She doesnt say thank you either, she says TA. :dumb:

The older you are the harder it is to change habits. I was young enough to to pick up an American accent and learned how to incorrectly spell tires and color, and call things by name brand instead of what shit is actually called. IE polystyrene.

Okay, I'll bite, what is that? It looks interesting.

Ginger Ale in the making. Its Ginger, Water, Lemon, sugar, and some cayenne brewing to pull out of much flavor as possible. After this it gets cooled, yeast added, then poured into a container for initial fermentation.

The flavor is great, but it's got this little side flavor that throws me off. I think it may be from the yeast. I think I am going to try a different yeast and see how that turns out and maybe in the future expirament with forced carbonation. Either way, this stuff is pretty good. Way better than the crap in most grocery chains.

Ginger Ale in the making. Its Ginger, Water, Lemon, sugar, and some cayenne brewing to pull out of much flavor as possible. After this it gets cooled, yeast added, then poured into a container for initial fermentation.

The flavor is great, but it's got this little side flavor that throws me off. I think it may be from the yeast. I think I am going to try a different yeast and see how that turns out and maybe in the future expirament with forced carbonation. Either way, this stuff is pretty good. Way better than the crap in most grocery chains.

From my beer brewing experience, I'd bet you're absolutely correct about the underlying taste being the particular strain of yeast you are using. I changed to a different brand of yeast in my last back and was dissapoint. It's funny how much it really rounds out the flavor profile.

me in Texas or anywhere south "i'll have a Coke please"

waitress "what kinda coke?"

me "a Sprite Coke".....WTF?

i'll stick with Pop or soda pop

lmao

All you fucks are wrong, the correct term is "soft drink". America, let's fight over who's more wrong. Soda is at least acceptable, pop is just fucking retarded.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_drink

I agree with you on this one. I tend to call them soda's, however. I was also born in California. Im used to the term coke from living down south though the first time I ever heard the words soda pop or just pop was from an old man in Texas.