Get to meet Kevin Mitnick

Akula

My company is sponsoring Kevin Mitnick to speak at a security conference in SF (RSA).

He's sort of a celeb in that he was one of the first highly publicized guys to get busted for Social Engineering, Phreaking and all around hacking stuff.

He's largely out of the game now but still, he laid the groundwork for my profession.

He still gets around and does talks and whatnot. I was fascinated with Social Engineering after studying Kevin Mitnick. I remember when his ban on using computers was lifted, and he used a computer for the first time in X amount of years live on TechTV.

Very cool. I remember watching the tech tv special when he was first allowed back on the web. When I read "The Art of Deception" I remember laughing about how it was all about just knowing enough to lie your way to access.

Very cool. I remember watching the tech tv special when he was first allowed back on the web. When I read "The Art of Deception" I remember laughing about how it was all about just knowing enough to lie your way to access.

Its insane how much information can be gained from even just the smallest bit of social engineering. He was very good at this. True hackers aren't just good at the technical side, they are deceptive as well.