Chris Harris and the FRS86GTBRZthing

Das Borgen

This video is phenomenal and Chris sums up exactly what this car is, which is exactly what I was hoping it would be. "It takes the philosophy of going faster and faster... and throws it out the window and says, 'Let's get back to fun!'... Let's focus everything around the driver and not the machine. ...Go and buy one!"

basically, screw you, the guy clamoring for more power

What are the specs on this car including sticker in US?

I can see the merit in the idea. Performance cars these days have such capabilities that getting them anywhere near their limits on the streets means being very dangerous and irresponsible in the process

FR Layout

200hp/151tq

7400rpm redline

2762lbs fully optioned

Designed-in low polar moment

18" CG height (lower than a 458 supposedly)

166.9" L

69.6" W

51.2" H

101.2" WB

For comparison, a US E30 M3 weighs 100lbs more, made a little less HP, was 4" longer, 3" narrower, and 3" taller. The E30 also had a higher CG and a longer polar moment.

The BRZ/FR-S has all the numbers to be a very fun car to drive.

BRZ should start at 25K, the FR-S at around 23K. Final pricing hasn't been announced, but that's where the NAIAS presenters were saying the pricing would start. The BRZ is going to be sold as a more up-scale version, with Nav, HIDs, bluetooth, Rear LSD standard. The FR-S will start with just the basics and get optioned up from there.

I am excited about this car! Wife was looking at getting a G37 stick, but they are damn expensive. I might sell my MR2 for this!

http://www.adamdaley.com/max/mr2/carshow/IMG_2573.JPG

DO IT!!!!!!!!

maybe it will even get rid of your nickname, eh? Mr Whirling Dervish

I'm a 40 something and think these look like fun. Rear wheel drive and a high reving 4 banger.. Won't belong before we see these with turbo's and lots of other options.. I saw one of these in a car mag the other day (Greddy I think) and wow very nice..

Looking forward to seeing these in person in a month or so at the local Scion dealership

I'm a 40 something and think these look like fun. Rear wheel drive and a high reving 4 banger.. Won't belong before we see these with turbo's and lots of other options.. I saw one of these in a car mag the other day (Greddy I think) and wow very nice..

Looking forward to seeing these in person in a month or so at the local Scion dealership

It's looking like they're start showing up in May, for both the Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ.

Subaru*

Toyota didn't do much to develop this car. I mean just look at it, the interior, exterior, mechanics, it all screams Subaru.

Transmission and diff are Lexus units from the is300. Toyota also loaned Subaru their D4S Port/Direct Injection technology. (Turbo versions of this engine will be a wet dream for tuners since it has *8* injectors.) They also footed most of the bills.

But yeah, Subaru did the bulk of the heavy lifting.

Transmission and diff are Lexus units from the is300. Toyota also loaned Subaru their D4S Port/Direct Injection technology. (Turbo versions of this engine will be a wet dream for tuners since it has *8* injectors.) They also footed most of the bills.

But yeah, Subaru did the bulk of the heavy lifting.

Also, many know this car is a ode to the Toyota 800 and the AE86, what most don't know is that the 800 was actually the first front-mounted, boxer engined rear-wheel drive automobile. Anyway, of course, they're going to use a company that is current with boxer tech and that they own a sizable portion of to develop a current boxer motor for the new 86. This obviously saves a ton of money and is almost 'in-house'. This isn't exactly unheard of between the two given that Toyota already provides FHI's minicars, for example.

As for the new FR-S/BR-Z, given where I currently live, I'd be tempted in to selling the Supra for one. Maybe, not the 1st year model, though. New car reliability and warranty on top of it.

Littleguy and I talked about owning an "underpowered" car like this one. I agreed with him that if I still lived in Houston or somewhere similar where you weren't able to really utilize the corner carving ability. In Houston especially, it's a land of power and straights.

However, here in Ohio, I know countless roads to lose an entire day on where the curves, banks, blind corners, decreasing radius turns, etc are nonstop and I still haven't run out of new ones, yet. (Seriously, compeletely shocking how few of you really know how many great roads you guys have out here.) Not only would this car be better at tackling these roads than my Supra, especially after a little suspension upgrade, but I'd save more gas getting there and back. There will always be upgrades for more power. Besides, the amount of power you'll need in a nice light car liek that will be alot less than you needed in your T/A, Evo, etc.

I'm excited.