Range trip with my son.

speedytriple

So I went to the range with my 8 year old today he got to shoot his 22lr. and took one shot with my mini 14 target model off of my bench rest. He did good for just his second trip out with it. It has a 4x bsa scope on it. He shot this target from the 40 foot line. I ran 3 shot at 75 feet that are marked on it. Once he can steady the rifle a little better I thin he will be a fine shot.

73_target1_1.jpg

Yeah hes been bugging me since we went back in Dec. when he got the rifle. I figured he is on spring break and the weather has been crap so we went and had some indoor fun! Last time we went he also shot the 20ga. barrel for his combo and it was a bit to much for him still. This time we stuck to the 22lr. and I let him shoot off my bench rest once with my .223 which dont kick much. He had a great time, and is improving his aim each time we go.

The wife went with us also just to watch, she was gonna go and shoot the xd9 but didn't end up doing it. Will have to make a trip back with just her to try it out. Been so long since I shot a gun with 6 o'clock sights I was shooting way high with the xd. I am now use to the straight 8 sights on my pt145. I use to go to the range with my Dad when I was younger, still remember it. Good times for sure.