Cabelas at Polaris

stangsn95gt

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill be there Monday to spend a ridiculous amount of money.

:nono: Support small businesses. Cabelas is the Walmart of the outdoor stores. I only go to the Cabelas near me when I can't find what I need at any of the other small outdoor stores.

This go for the rest of you guys in here who plan on "dumping tons of money" at cabelas.

:nono: Support small businesses. Cabelas is the Walmart of the outdoor stores. I only go to the Cabelas near me when I can't find what I need at any of the other small outdoor stores.

This go for the rest of you guys in here who plan on "dumping tons of money" at cabelas.

If small businesses had ammo in stock at a reasonable price I would support it.

I agree with you on supporting small business and yes I will be "dumping tons of money" in cabelas on this particular day due to having a lot of items(ammo) small business's can not get right now or have price jacked the fuck out of.....so suck it. This only goes to you sir.

I agree with you on supporting small business and yes I will be "dumping tons of money" in cabelas on this particular day due to having a lot of items(ammo) small business's can not get right now or have price jacked the fuck out of.....so suck it. This only goes to you sir.

http://i.imgur.com/jUvggg5.png

Walmart's 2012 earnings - 443.85B

Cabelas 2012 earnings - 3.11B

I understand the association you're making with Cabelas being in the same category as Walmart, but they really are two totally different animals. I personally give a lot of money to Old Dutchman & Fisherman's Warehouse for bait/lures etc, but there's just some stuff you can't find at your local small business.

From a recent Dispatch article on the opening

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq192/ntomich/cabelas.png

Edited by TimTaylor75

I got a tour of the store today. It is very cool. The director of marketing said even though the store is only 80,000 sf they have 80 percent of the inventory the MI and WV store have. The main difference is they cut down on the amount of displays. There are still a ton of animals but they used elevated displays and taller shelves which accommodate more items. The gun library and the regular gun section is pretty large. Another area they cut was the diving and boating sections. I also saw pmags for $16.99. Ammo prices were about what you would expect. I wish I could have bought stuff.

They are also anticipating a shortage of parking and are talking about using a shuttle system to help get everyone in. This store is going to do well although I foresee parking being a nightmare for the first few weeks.

They are also anticipating a shortage of parking and are talking about using a shuttle system to help get everyone in. This store is going to do well although I foresee parking being a nightmare for the first few weeks.

I force this as well. I see a lot of people paring at Costco and the hotel. they need to make a parking lot in that open field at the stop light.

I got a tour of the store today. It is very cool. The director of marketing said even though the store is only 80,000 sf they have 80 percent of the inventory the MI and WV store have. The main difference is they cut down on the amount of displays. There are still a ton of animals but they used elevated displays and taller shelves which accommodate more items. The gun library and the regular gun section is pretty large. Another area they cut was the diving and boating sections. I also saw pmags for $16.99. Ammo prices were about what you would expect. I wish I could have bought stuff.

What did you think of the fishing department? how big was it in relation to the overal size of the store?

I think they said there is something like 40,000 pieces of fishing equipment. That includes all the little lures etc. There was a pretty cool display of reels designed so customers could check them out before buying. I'm not into fishing so I have no idea of brands but it rivals some of the Bass Pro Shops I've seen in other cities. They are catering to folks who fish at Alum Creek and are also expecting Lake Erie folks to make the trek down here too.