Cigar Education Night

99FLHRCI

What is the best time for a cigar education course?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best time for a cigar education course?

• 1st Sat of the month afternoon
    • 1st Sat on the month evening
    • 2nd Sat of the month afternoon
    • 2nd Sat on the month evening
    • 3rd Sat of the month afternoon
    • 3rd Sat on the month evening
    • 4th Sat of the month afternoon
    • 4th Sat on the month evening

I talked to the owner of the same shop from this thread. He is very interested in doing this. What Saturday forks best for people? 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. Saturday of the month? He will pick 2 cigars by the same company that are different and explain each cigar and their differences/similarities. They have a great seating area, 2 large flat screens, a great selection of cigars and supplies, Kuerig machine and a mini fridge with drinks. They are located in historic Westerville which provides good food choices and shopping for the better half while we waste the night away.

If a mod could make a survey for which Sat of the month, It would be great.

Owners of this shop are good people, it's a really great environment to hang out at.

There was a group of 10 or so of us who all hung out ther and watched the end of the 24 hour sports car race a few weeks back.

I'd be down for this event but would prefer it be during the day not the evening.

Andy

I think I'm good whenever. Set a time based on others and I can go.

Saturdays are best through mid march. Then I'm good Friday or Saturday.

Are we allowed to bring in some (good) liquor to share and compliment the cigars?

I would hope that the liquor is welcome.....maybe they can't say publicly ;)

They're way to strong/rich to inhale, personally I like to take a big toke, let it muster in my mouth for a bit, then slowly exhale. Then let the cigar "ferment" for about 5 min till you cant see the cherry, then repeat.

Also you can get addicted to them too, used to get addicited over the summers, "nic'd" out and everything. Acid's and Punch's...mmmmmmm

Also a good tip for anyone looking to quit (cigarette) smoking is to get a big ol fat Punch, and inhale every draft untill you can't anymore, you wont smoke another cigarette the entire day, i promise you. This is how both me and my brother quit and it works remarkably well.

There way to strong/rich to inhale, personally I like to take a big toke, let it muster in my mouth for a bit, then slowly exhale. Then let the cigar "ferment" for about 5 min till you cant see the cherry, then repeat.

Also you can get addicted to them too, used to get addicited over the summers, "nic'd" out and everything. Acid's and Punch's...mmmmmmm

how can you get addicted if you aren't inhaling anything? How you getting nicotine buzz?

You still get nicotine through your gums, similar to dipping, especially when you get more then 1/2 way through the stoge and the end starts to get slobbery. And its not anything close to cigarette addiction, but you do feel the urge to have a smoke.

I should add that I was smoking a fatty about every-other-day during the summer/fall when I got "addicted". Once a week and you should be fine. And even if you do get addicted it's real easy to quit come winter cause you can't smoke them inside.

I'm guessing I can't vote for more than one option. I prefer any weekend evenings, but can make afternoons if that works best for everyone else. Although if it's Saturday afternoons I likely can't make it until mid march as my winter volunteer gig I work Sat 8-4. My job that actually pays, I work M-F so my weekends are 100% free after beg/mid March.

Voted for evenings as im usually busy during the day / like to relax with a cigar at night but whatever works.

That's how I felt. I would usually like to grab dinner out and then swing by on the way home but, it looks like we are getting out voted. :) W/E works

That's how I felt. I would usually like to grab dinner out and then swing by on the way home but, it looks like we are getting out voted. :) W/E works

I think the 'problem' might be that evenings are getting split out across the month and the afternoons consildated their vote on the 1st afternoon of the month. I wonder if the people who voted evenings really cared which evening of the month it was?

I voted for the 4th Saturday evening... simply to try to consolidate votes on one evening. :gabe:

Edited by Trouble Maker