Basement/HVAC Companies

AWW$HEEET

Anyone got any suggestions for reasonable Basement repair/remediation (think moisture, possible foundation damage), and HVAC people?

I see Quest Air is a sponsor on here, anyone know them or if they discount at all for CR? Any experiences?

Mainly concerned with the basement repair, I am looking to get some quotes initially on repairs that may be needed.

I'd throw a dehumidifier down there if you're getting moisture problems. At least it will help you now until the problem is solved.

Dehumidifying too much can actually draw moisture through cinder block. I've never seen it but have heard of such several times.

Foundation leaking water?

I believe so.

if its this then fix it yourself. its hard work but not hard to do and will save you thousands. when i did mine it ended up saving me $11,500 based on the quotes i got.

I understand AJ, I'm handy, but I want to know if there is structural damage. Id be interested in seeing what your issue is/was, and how you were able to remediate it. If it comes to doing some minor cement/concrete work and some sikaflex, possibly some french drains, maybe. But full out basement damage scares me.

Got some news. The basement guy came in, we went over some things, and his recommendations were somewhat minor.

1. The foundation wall in the basement was somewhat cracked horizontally. The wall is probably displaced 1" inward. The ground outside has been regraded, but the mitigation is to place either steel or carbon straps on the wall to prevent it from moving inward any more.

2. Downspouts are all run underground on the property. Recommended to dig them up and put new piping in, down to the sewer. Unknown if they are functioning correctly.

3. Mold treatment/antifungal (this was done recently but they suggested doing it again but more heavily.

4. Industrial dehumidifier.

I think I can do items 2, 3 and 4 by myself.

Still waiting on hvac. Kinda anxious as there are 2 heat pumps and 2 furnaces on this place. Not cheap if all the shit needs replaced.

Still waiting on hvac. Kinda anxious as there are 2 heat pumps and 2 furnaces on this place. Not cheap if all the shit needs replaced.

About where do you live? I could talk to my brother and see if he wants to do something for you and cut you a deal if you would be interested in that. He's the best at what he does.