Cars and Coffee needs web hosting!

zeitgeist57

Since starting the CC&C.net site using Microsoft Office Live for free, it's been a good platform. Not much customization available, but gets the job done. However, MSFT is going to start charging me starting in April. If I have to pay for web hosting, I might as well go with a better service.

1) How do you "unpublish" a site? I own the domain name, is it relatively easy to repopulate it somewhere else?

2) Are there any good free sites people recommend for website publishing? I don't want to pay even $1 a month if it's going to have "homestead.com" in the domain address or clutter the site with ads,

Any techie assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You could point the domain to my hosting for free if you wish. I know others could probably make that same offer. What are your requirements?

I am on a linux box hosted by A Small Orange.

PHP version 5.2.17

MySQL version 5.1.56

Architecture x86_64

Operating system linux

You could get a wordpress version of your site up and running in very little time.

Thanks, Ryan! I like Wordpress from the standpoint of it being relatively open architecture, but I want to avoid having x_X_x.wordpress.com in the address.

My domain name is http://www.columbuscarsandcoffee.net. I don't mind paying GoDaddy or Register for the domain, it's more of the site costs I'm concerned with, and avoiding any ads.

To be honest, I'm two posts into my own thread and bloody confused. If you could PM me your contact info I'd like to talk to you over the phone about this when you have some time...

Will do. Wordpress is an open source product you have complete control over. I set up your domain to work as a stand-alone site on my hosting. It would be www.columbuscarsandcoffee.net not some other .whatever.com

Wordpress will just be the "back end" installed on my hosting that you would log into to add news, change info, etc.

I manage numerous sites powered by Wordpress so it won't be a big deal to get this up and going.

Since starting the CC&C.net site using Microsoft Office Live for free, it's been a good platform. Not much customization available, but gets the job done. However, MSFT is going to start charging me starting in April. If I have to pay for web hosting, I might as well go with a better service.

1) How do you "unpublish" a site? I own the domain name, is it relatively easy to repopulate it somewhere else?

2) Are there any good free sites people recommend for website publishing? I don't want to pay even $1 a month if it's going to have "homestead.com" in the domain address or clutter the site with ads,

Any techie assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I work for a hosting company. Call me Monday at 614-785-0595

You can build wordpress, joomla, drupal, magento, and iis sites on our servers. We have full redundancy for reliability.