Ford Taurus twin-turbo police intercepter!!

Slomo Eric

lol 365hp.... I've heard rumors they may have a good bit more than that.

The V-8-powered Hemi Charger reached 60 mph in 5.83 seconds, according to the Michigan State Police. That was followed by the Caprice, at 5.91 seconds, and the Taurus, at 5.92 seconds.

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/20120221/BLOG06/120229987#ixzz1nzkxQjft

Not with those shitty numbers it doesn't. :dumb:

good luck. most departments are not even interested in them because they are pretty small inside when outfitted with over weight cops.

Fixed.

IMO the Charger is bad ass for the cops. Does the job, has the room, has the balls and looks better as a cop car than a privately owned vehicle. I see them all over and am happy to see that at least the run of business is spreading around from Chevy to Ford to now Dodge.

The V-8-powered Hemi Charger reached 60 mph in 5.83 seconds, according to the Michigan State Police. That was followed by the Caprice, at 5.91 seconds, and the Taurus, at 5.92 seconds.

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/20120221/BLOG06/120229987#ixzz1nzkxQjft

Not with those shitty numbers it doesn't. :dumb:

:dumb: c'mon, your smart enough to know 0-60 doen't mean crap, just a small difference in gearing to add an extra shift can change a 0-60. The only true measure of a car's strieght line prowess is a standing quarter mile.

Although, if they would have just stuffed a new 5.0 into the crown vic and called it a day we would have nothing to argue about.

:dumb: c'mon, your smart enough to know 0-60 doen't mean crap, just a small difference in gearing to add an extra shift can change a 0-60. The only true measure of a car's strieght line prowess is a standing quarter mile.

Although, if they would have just stuffed a new 5.0 into the crown vic and called it a day we would have nothing to argue about.

True test of a police car's worth imo comes down to brakes, cooling system, and suspension. Cop cars don't have to be crazy-fast. They might, however, see 100+mph for a sustained amount of time, or get multiple episodes of hard braking with hard acceleration. Let's not forget about off-roading and jumping curbs. Cops are very hard on these cars. When I worked for the city in college, they would maintain and fix the police cruisers. I lived in a town woth no crime and they still managed to abuse the fuck out of those cars

No one around here is buying the new ones.. I drove one and didnt care for it either. The Chargers are fast for a police car but SOOOOOO SMALL its not even funny. No back seat room, NO trunk what so ever and if youre over 5'8" there is no head room either.

Tahoe or the Caprice seems to be the big ticket winners.

No one around here is buying the new ones.. I drove one and didnt care for it either. The Chargers are fast for a police car but SOOOOOO SMALL its not even funny. No back seat room, NO trunk what so ever and if youre over 5'8" there is no head room either.

Tahoe or the Caprice seems to be the big ticket winners.

Those tahoes are nice

The police Chargers look badass.

That said, police depts need very few, if any, fast cars to enforce the law. I hope that they will not waste my tax dollars on many of these.

I am sure Gahanna will need a whole new fleet of new ones and then try pass another levy because they need more money so they can properly patrol the mean streets of downtown Gahanna

No head room where? I'm over 6' and there is tons of room up front

Dodge Charger 5.7L with 2.65 14.38@101.50

Ford Taurus EcoBoost AWD 14.45@99.86

.07 seconds in your "true measure" test.

No head room where? I'm over 6' and there is tons of room up front

Not the official police spec'd ones. We have numerous guys 6'3 or taller and the left side of their head is only an inch or so away from the column area :lolguy:

The Chargers are NOT that much more than the other packages either, all are around 3-7k of eachother at MOST.

I'm actually talking about the police spec ones. I drove both a new Charger and the Crown Vic today and the comfort level between the two isn't even close IMO. Are the Charger seats with the electronic controls? Not sure if they make them without anymore but lowered and all the way back gives good room.

Ya the one we drove had the electronic seats. The seat doesnt go too far down though. There is a serious lack of room from the rear of the drivers seat to the back seat cushion. Even at my short ass 5'8" height, the seat almost touches the cushion! Im thinking some plastic seats (if they make those for the Charger?) might give a few inches of room though.