Landscapers - need assistance

mrblunt

My family dog has a lot of hair. When she goes outside she tends to get my mulch into her hair and drags it up on my patio or into our house. It's pissing me off. To the point I'm going to look into alternatives to mulch this year. I've been researching using stone, something like lava rock or river rock, or maybe rubber mulch. A pallet of rubber mulch approaches 1k and only covers like 500sq ft. Granted it lasts forever and has a 15 year color warranty, but the up front cost is crazy high.

So does anyone have recommendations for me? Pros/cons of using these materials or others in Ohio. Things I should know. Thanks in advance.

Seriously though...

What kind of mulch do you currently have/use?

My guess is you are S.O.L., other than you could try the direction of getting blend of mulch that binds together. I've notice some types of mulch almost "caramelizes" (ghey descriptive word choice) over time, for instance triple processed tends to so more than others but breaks down faster.

Rubber and stone are more expensive, but don't need the upkeep. If you want to use woody mulch I'd say this isn't a fixable problem.