Kony 2012

Guest Spam

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I didn't care about Ugandan kids, today I don't care about Ugandan kids, and I'm pretty sure I won't care about Ugandan kids tomorrow.

It's hilarious that people think this is new or that they should attempt to do anything about it.

You also have to lead them less...

Except teenagers that throw grenades at your humvee. You light them the fuck up and sleep like a baby at night. Kids are just as capable as adults when making decisions. The fact the kids don't have a choice is wrong, but that's Africa for you. Same situation happened in WWII. Look at the Nazi youth and who Hitler had defend Berlin. It sure wasn't the strong trained 20 something's. Kids learn to grow up faster in other countries vs The United States. Kids don't comprehend how good they've got it.

Carl Weathers and Ahnold could easily wipe out all the suffering in Africa, if only this was the 1980s again.

LOL at idiots getting all riled up at things. OMG, the world isn't all sunshine and lollipops? RAWR!

Good thing the hipsters have formed specialized teams to take the fight to these savages.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/02/22/us-troops-now-in-4-african-countries-to-fight-lra/

NAIROBI, Kenya -- A top military official says that U.S. troops are now deployed in four central African countries as part of U.S. efforts against a brutal rebel group called the Lord's Resistance Army.

Rear Adm. Brian L. Losey, the top U.S. special operations commander for Africa, said Wednesday that U.S. troops are now stationed in bases in Uganda, Congo, South Sudan and the Central African Republic.

The U.S. announced in October it was sending about 100 U.S. troops -- mostly special operations forces -- to central Africa to advise in the fight against the LRA and its leader Joseph Kony.

Losey said officials are already seeing a decrease in the lethality of LRA actions, which he thinks is part of the pressure the U.S. and partner countries are applying.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/02/22/us-troops-

Well I guess I'm a little shocked at the hate here. Pun intended since there seems to be a lot of it here on CR and on CR for this thread.

I did watch portions of the video and admit to condensing it to perhaps a total of 8 minutes skipping through it, I do feel I walked away with a decent understanding of the content and specifics. That said, let's not everyone focus so much just on that video or specific cause, but I would encourage everyone to look at the intent of the original post too.

It's easy to share an opinion on that specific topic but couldn't the intent of the post go much farther? Has anyone even bothered to consider or clarify that? Has anyone gone so far as to expand on the point? Has anyone say you can't? Those are what I see as just as concerning about America and society be it online in social media on CR or in my own circle of friends.

Many have shared their thoughts on this specific case, but to me the real question is what do you "give a fuck about" and what are you doing about it? All rhetorical questions.

My point is while I did find the video moving at times and respect that many people all around the world have personal causes they support and ways of attacking it, what struck me was a pretty clear message that encourages everyone to get out and do something about what moves them on behalf of helping others.

IMO if you're reply to such posts is simply that you don't give a fuck, then you probably don't and that's your choice (while a strikingly sad one), one you have to live with. The opportunity to change that view is all yours too. Some here have, some won't and some have other causes they support (kudos). The world will never all agree but hopefully those with a more half glass full approach out number those with a glass half empty or worse yet a glass entirely broken.

As the saying goes, life is what you make of it. I agree with one solid point of insight from that video, which is that when I die, I hope that the things I've done in life inspire others, have changed the word in some way for the better, and leave a legacy for my kids that said their dad was a good guy, and while not perfect, he at least "gave a fuck" and did something about it.

Perhaps I'd change that last part, but I had to make my final statement more CR'ish. I love you Gabe.

Soap Box Off.

+ rep to Rocky and Michael

Well I guess I'm a little shocked at the hate here. Pun intended since there seems to be a lot of it here on CR and on CR for this thread.

I did watch portions of the video and admit to condensing it to perhaps a total of 8 minutes skipping through it, I do feel I walked away with a decent understanding of the content and specifics. That said, let's not everyone focus so much just on that video or specific cause, but I would encourage everyone to look at the intent of the original post too.

It's easy to share an opinion on that specific topic but couldn't the intent of the post go much farther? Has anyone even bothered to consider or clarify that? Has anyone gone so far as to expand on the point? Has anyone say you can't? Those are what I see as just as concerning about America and society be it online in social media on CR or in my own circle of friends.

Many have shared their thoughts on this specific case, but to me the real question is what do you "give a fuck about" and what are you doing about it? All rhetorical questions.

My point is while I did find the video moving at times and respect that many people all around the world have personal causes they support and ways of attacking it, what struck me was a pretty clear message that encourages everyone to get out and do something about what moves them on behalf of helping others.

IMO if you're reply to such posts is simply that you don't give a fuck, then you probably don't and that's your choice (while a strikingly sad one), one you have to live with. The opportunity to change that view is all yours too. Some here have, some won't and some have other causes they support (kudos). The world will never all agree but hopefully those with a more half glass full approach out number those with a glass half empty or worse yet a glass entirely broken.

As the saying goes, life is what you make of it. I agree with one solid point of insight from that video, which is that when I die, I hope that the things I've done in life inspire others, have changed the word in some way for the better, and leave a legacy for my kids that said their dad was a good guy, and while not perfect, he at least "gave a fuck" and did something about it.

Perhaps I'd change that last part, but I had to make my final statement more CR'ish. I love you Gabe.

Soap Box Off.

+ rep to Rocky and Michael

eagerly awaiting someone to viciously attack your sound logic :dumb:

Thanks Tim. Im happy to know there are a few here that don't completely disagree with me haha